Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Dawn Offline OP
OP Offline
I have now established a better workaround for our Hwy location. I have set up 2 extensions that forward to the full 7-digit numbers for the spokes where the calls drop. The eliminates the need to transfer to the Hub first.

Notably, the forward number has to be a full 7-digits to prevent drops. If I use only a 3-digit extension, the calls will drop.

Insanity can be defined as doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Hey Dawn,
If you are going to do an upgrade what I suggest is downgrade it first all the way back to the release it came with from the factory. Then re-upgrade it following all the proper documentation on how to accomplish this. With your BP, I would not assume that it was done properly regardless of if there is a CQ for your issues or not. It will take a little longer, but well worth the time to know it is all done correctly, so you have no firmware issues.
The IPO will allow you to skip firmware releases that are required for proper upgrading via the upgrade wizard. The only real upgrade wizard is the one clicking upgrade on the IPO. With your BP, I would not assume anything which can be done wrong was done in any other way without checking it. In the case of a firmware upgrade being done properly the only way to know it is done correctly is to do it yourself.

I can not recommend any technology platform, only technicians!
Dawn Offline OP
OP Offline
aarenot, I have already done the upgrades, they didn't help. I would be willing to try what you suggest though, but how would I find out what release it came with? I have no idea what I'm doing on that level.

Insanity can be defined as doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.
I would guess it is 2.1 originaly from how long it has been in. You might ask your BP tech he may recall. The downgrade process is then same as upgrade, pnly load the version of manager one release back to downgrade the system. I forget what release you are at, but the key releases to be sure are done are the intermediate releases(999), and any releases that are required prior to upgrading to the intermediate releases. Some releases had to go to a certain maint release before they could be upgraded.

On second thought, do you know what a DTE cable is? It might be easier to just wipe it clean, and reload the firmware that way. Do be careful with doing this, and read up well before trying.

I can not recommend any technology platform, only technicians!
We had the Same issue. We found that on the Firewalls that we had VPn'd that it was inspecting H225/245 traffic and we needed to disable the inspection on both firewall ends. we also had to make sure we are on software version 4.2 latest patch.

just thought i would post our resolution here since we didnt really see one.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,610 Shoretel
189,498 CTX100 install
187,735 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 90 guests, and 326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024