web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello there, new to the boards and am amazed at the knowledge here.

I have a feeling that most of you guys will be able to answer my question with ease. I would like to know which phones will work with the good ol' phone system, AT&T Merlin Plus, model 820D. I don't know the speciffics on the cards that are installed in the switch, but they have 4 phone lines coming in and a total of 4 or 5 phones that can access all 4 phone lines. The phones that are there are probably the original, 25 year old phones and are showing their age. They need to be replaced but I don't know which phones will work with that system. There is a single RJ45 jack for each phone that powers the phone and lights up all 4 phone line lights on the phone.

I wish that I could give you more technical information, but if you need to know more information, I'll get it for you. This is all I have right now. Can you guys offer some help here? Thank you very much, I really appreciate the help.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

The phones require the 8PIN jacks and use all 4 pair. When looking for phones just search for 5 button 10 button or 34 button merlin phones. If the led's on the phone are lighting just by plugging them in and staying lit make sure the TP switch on the side in the middle nutral position.

Retired phone dude
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Merlin Classic telephones are used with that system.

Look Here

And Here

I Love FEATURE 00
You can use any of the classic Merlin sets, either the membrane type or the BIS series (HFAI-10, BIS-10, BIS-22/D, BIS-34/D, SP-34) For analog sets, you will need to use either a BTMI-2 or GPA off of a Merlin set. The AUX port could be used, but only provides access to its corresponding trunk port.

I used to have one of these way back and thought it was a pretty rock solid system. Might need to check the battery though in the memory module.

Just to add... any phone you replace one of their phones with will be just as old as what you are taking out. There is no such thing as a "new" phone that will work on that system and has not been for about 20 years.

OP Offline
Thank you guys so much for the help, I really appreciate all of the responses. That is exactly what I needed to know, all of the responses. The funny thing, when I searched for the phone, I found a place that seems very reputable, MetrolineDirect.com... they are only about a mile from me, pretty funny. Thank you guys VERY much again for the help, it is greatly apprecaited!

Metroline is a great company to do buisness with. If they don't have what you need I have boxes of these phones clean like new. email me.

Definition of an I.T. expert: A Person with the telephone number of the Person with the answer.
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
you can click on the link at the top of the page here and give sundance a call

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,372 Shoretel
189,056 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 377 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024