web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
'ello all, and Hal especially, Howya been?

Just finished putting in a whole new system. New case Partner ACS R6, three 308's and a 012.

So far everything is perking along as advertised, except....

There are two stations with 6 button eurostyles on them, with three lines, the third line supposed to be the upper left button. Button no worky. Bottom two buttons intercom, just as advertised, next two up do the first two lines, top buttons don't do anything.

Plug in a 12 or 18 button phone, button works fine. Line not locked out, assigned to that ext. etc etc.

Ok, It's probably pretty obvious to the real phone techs out there, but what am I missing?

Thanks

Steve AKA trainwire

You want me to go where? with who? to do what? When?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Been just fine Steve. If you plug an 18 button into the jack and have all three lines that would confirm that the problem is with the 6 button. They either work or they are defective.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Yup, that's what I thought too, until I switched phones with one that worked, and the problem stayed at the extension, not with the phone. Matter of fact, I just went and double checked, just to make sure that I wasn't fooling myself, which I've been known to do.

Now what? I'd like to try and figure it out, just for the gee whiz sake of it.

Edit to add: These are brand new phones too. right out of the box. It's almost like the system sees them as something they are not. The top two button "cheep" when pressed, they just don't do anything. I'm pretty sure I am missing a switch or something in the programming.

Steve

Never trust a weatherman with no window in his cubicle.

Compare the lines at the two extensions I know you count the buttons different at the programming station for different button types. Just a thought.

Retired phone dude
Thought you said that when you plugged an 18 button into those extensions the three lines were there? Are you saying that if you take the 6 button to another extension they work?

When you plug the 18 button into the 6 button extension, do all three lines appear in order, bottom row from left to right?

Do this- go into system programming, #301 and then a 6 button extension. Press "remove" then reassign(1)- L01, 02 and 03. See if that works.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Hmm,

When I did 301, from the 18D at ext 11, I assigned the lines to the buttons I wanted them on on the extension phone. Which is how they appear when I plug an 18 button onto the wonky extension.

If I read between the lines right, I need to program the lines from ext 11 across the row, and let the system handle the button assignment.

Let me go play, I'll be back. ( seems I've heard that lines somewhere)

Steve

Never uncover your crownsheet.

OP Offline
oh.... <looking down and scuffling feet>

Now it works, and I learned what the pitchers mean in the book. :rolleyes:

OH well, thanks for the help, I really appreciate it,

Now it will work until I have forgotten all I've learned, and then I will need it quick.

Thanks again.

Steve

Never underestimate the perversity of an inanimate object.

Well, when you assign lines with (1) the system assigns them to the next available button starting from bottom left going right. If you want to assign a line to a specific button you can use (3) then push the button where you want it. Rarely do I ever do that, only if the button needs to be off the beaten path. If you assign a line to a button on the second row on an 18 button set a 6 button set isn't going to see it.

You can still assign lines in any order from left to right. Just step through the lines with Next Item and Previous Item then press (1)for each.

-Hal

OP Offline
Thanks Hal,

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

But so far everybody's happy.

But I did find that our company directory's not quite right yet.

Steve

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,792
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,131 Shoretel
188,990 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, James D.), 147 guests, and 275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024