web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Clutching at straws aren't ya. You might be onto something though. Any sources of high powered RF around? Truckers with linears on their CBs for instance?

I assume that when you take one of these ACS processors back to your shop it will run without problem right?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Nah, I have been down the trucker high powered linear thing several times.
All you will get there is bleed over. With the most server cases you will even get bleed over across the system phones at idle. But never a power down of a system.

Sounds like you are just going to have to live with this system and do some very basic troubleshooting to get to the bottom of this.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
One other condition is: low power output...is the
power outlet isolated from other plugs....I would
look into that....Or change out the Partner to a
Legend...

Sounds like you are just going to have to live with this system and do some very basic troubleshooting to get to the bottom of this.

I agree. There has to be something you are not seeing.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
The customer just switched dialtone providers on Thursday. We will see what happens next.

I have also placed another 509 processor in the same phone closet connected to nothing but the power supply. It has cold started once vs. multiple times for the entire system.

Other ideas that have been floated:

The system has the Avaya Large PC Mail card. This company runs a lot of help wanted ads and gets flooded with calls. Is it likely that the system gets overloaded with all of the calls trying to get through the 2 ports on the PC card? I would have thought it would just be "ring no answer" until a port frees up.

Another theory is that the telemarkets using the analog headsets get their line access via a pool. Extensions 14 & 15 (18-d's) have access to these lines on their phones and select lines by pushing a button. Is it possible that there is some sort of collission confusing the system if someone in telemarketing is trying to get the same line at the same time. Seems unlikely to me, but throwing it out there.

Jim

I have also placed another 509 processor in the same phone closet connected to nothing but the power supply. It has cold started once vs. multiple times for the entire system.

Good idea! And since it also restarted with nothing connected to it that kind of blows your other theories out of the water, doesn't it.

It's either a power problem or RF.

-Hal

From everything I've read...you should have an electrician out the check the power panel...to
rule a voltage spike or drop.
there is either a huge electrical motor attached
to the panel, maybe a bad ground...it could be
a old power panel....etc, etc.
I'm out of possible solutions to your problem..
but, I would never let this issue carry on this
long...

I agree. Just because you have a UPS on the line doesn't mean that you have clean power. They will take over when there is no power but most are straight through and no better than a power strip when normal power is present.

-Hal

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
There is a gadget called a Dranetz meter. They can be rented as well as purchased. A million years ago when electronic systems first came out they were even more sensitive to spikes then the current ones.

We had a Siemens SD-192 switch in the Galleria Building (53rd & Lexington) here in NYC that would restart twice a day. We did everything you did, including replacing the switch and reprogramming all the software. Nothing helped.

We put a Deltec line conditioner on the AC and the problem went away. But why? The Dranetz meter showed a spike of 400+ volts on all the 120 Volt circuits in the building (a large skyscraper).

It turns out that when the (humongous) motors that ran the HVAC kicked on or off (usually twice a day), it put a spike on the building AC for less then 5 milliseconds. It wasn't enough to bother anything else, but it fooled the Power Failure Transfer card on the switch into thinking that the power had gone out and come back on. Hence the reload.

See if you can rent one of these babies. You could also try running the system off a portable generator.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I think your on the right track Sam.
Another way that we have checked these type issues is to take a good true RMS voltmeter that has a PC link.
Hook a ole cheap laptop that you have laying around to it and let it run a data logger for a week or so and then compare notes.
We had one a few years back that had a "Wild Leg" on their 3-phase that was causing about the same problem.
I still think this is a power issue, instead of phone equip.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,486 CTX100 install
187,669 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024