web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Frustrated user, maybe what you were hearing was "Your party is not available" when you called in. I realize at this point that what you were actually hearing is moot, as you have already discovered that ext. 78&79 need to be assigned as VM ports. You obviously have a manual as I see no one was forth coming with the answer ( or it was deleted ).Keep reading your manual. The Partner system is in my opinion one of the easiest phone systems learn and understand ( especially if you can get a little help ). The people on this forum that have responded to your post are some great people, knowledgeable , friendly and respected. The advice you have received is solid. There is no doubt ). The people on this forum that have responded to your post are some great people, knowledgeable , friendly and respected. The advice you have received is solid. There is no doubt in my mind based on your post you possess the skill and manual to fix this problem yourself, so I ask what’s your time worth? A qualified tech would be able to fix this problem in 30 minutes ( + travel ) What would that be worth to you? Good luck. in my mind based on your post you possess the skill and manual to fix this problem yourself, so I ask what’s your time worth? A qualified tech would be able to fix this problem in 30 minutes ( + travel ) What would that be worth to you? Good luck.

Definition of an I.T. expert: A Person with the telephone number of the Person with the answer.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

What? sorry about that

Definition of an I.T. expert: A Person with the telephone number of the Person with the answer.
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
It seems the amount of time and energy you are speeding on what seems to be a fairly simple problem may be more then it is worth. If it continues get a trainned tech to help.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Actually, it seems everyone else is spending time harping on this problem, speculating on the cause.

After a couple of quick PM's, knowing that he lost his programming, 4 simple programming steps got his system running again to the point that all he has to figure out is programming the button on the phones.

Well, seems what we were harping on is what solved the problem. You are an Avaya BP, no?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
sometimes KISS is the best trouble shooter.

And having spare parts that you know work,,,regardless of where they came from.

It sounds like to me that there may be 2 lines shorted together from the telco. when the vm answers, both lines are connected and the telco sees incorrect dialing or such on one of the lines....something similiar to this maybe.

I know this is old but it makes me laugh my #$% off.
People are so cheap that they will go 2 days without phone service to avoid a service call. Must not have much of a business.z

That was exactly my point. I don't take credit cards but I seriously doubt this guy would be willing to pay a dime for support anyway. What I was "harping" on then was put your wallet where your mouth is.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,642 Shoretel
189,525 CTX100 install
187,782 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 179 guests, and 364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024