Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
RIP Moderator
RIP Moderator
"line set up" - Are they in a pool?

Also, if this is call by call, it would not do you any good to assign them to a calling group.

In reality, there are no " RINGING LINES" per se in a PRI. Therefore, assigning them to a calling group will gain you nothing.

RULE NUMBER 2, "THINKIN' WON'T GET IT, YOU GOTTA KNOW!" RULE NUMBER 3, if you need TIER-3 SUPPORT on a LEGEND or MAGIX, go to http://home.comcast.net/~merlinman -
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

OP Offline
Yes they are in a pool. I can change the call by call. That was the option that for the miscellaneous under net service there was not a No Service option.

I thought you had to assign the ports to a calling pool so the incoming calls are routed to extensions (Auto Attendant)

For Outgoing Routing go to Service > Misc > No Service
For Incoming Routing go to Service > Misc > Any Service.

Include in your posting set up for all your Options. Then we can help you.

Clear all Alarms in Maintanance. Reset and Restore T1 card.

OP Offline
Thanks I will give it a try.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
double check the carrier to make sure they are 5ESS and custom protocol. Keep in mind that switch type and protocol type aren't the same. The carrier can set there switch type to 5ESS and NI2 protocol, which will not work. You need switch type of 5ESS and custom protocol. You can use NI2 if the switch type is DMS 100 or DMS 250, but the Legend has never seemed to like anything outside of 5ESS/Custom. I think it was purposeful built that way... :confused:

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
OP Offline
Thanks to all. I have the card configured now with no alarms and no errors. I am waiting to hear back from AT&T to make sure they are using the correct protocol

Thanks

Ralph

OP Offline
It looks like AT&T is using NI2 and the project manager said he was not familiar with AT&T custom. Does anyone have specs I can send him?

Thanks

Ralph

You don't need to send specs to the project manager, you need to work with somebody that's REALLY in the telecom business.

I seriously can't believe that the PM has never heard of custom protocol. This is your biggest barrier to success right now.

Oh sure, I can send you my PRI "cheat sheet" if you're concerned about programming mistakes but, in the end, it may not be much help. Perfect programming is no match for uneducated people that are involved in the implementation cycle (and I DON'T mean you...you always have us on your side to help if needed).

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
OP Offline
I hear you. This has been very frustrating AT&T isn't what it used to be

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally posted by Ralmart01:
I hear you. This has been very frustrating AT&T isn't what it used to be
Blaming AT&T is silly .... neither you nor your CTI have the correct qualifications or training to program this .. and the 500 page manual is difficult to understand at best.

Bring in an experienced Legend tech and this thing will be working in a flash.... certainly within a couple of hours.

The legend, nor most phone systems, are not easy to learn and to try and cut your teeth on one, especially involving a PRI, is not the best way to get your system running properly.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,810
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,377 Shoretel
189,078 CTX100 install
187,411 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (justbill, Steve M, nfcphoneman), 139 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024