web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Thread Like Summary
jc2it
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Skunky
Skunky
I work for the city. We get the old stuff that just keeps on working and working and working.....

I've got an office a few miles away from me that's got a DK96 (yes, it still works) that one of my former guys transferred to.... he knows what I made the phones here do, and he wonders if I can make his roll over and bark like I did at my office....

but, he's got an older system than I do.... mine's all digital phones, and I upgraded the processor so I could add caller id, and added a card so I could hook into the paging amp....

he's got a DK96, with all electronic phones, plugged into PEKU boards... he wants to at a minimum get the overhead page hooked to the phone.... from reading the history on here, I should be able to do this by either 1) adding a piou(s) like I did at my location, or 2) hooking to the voice pair of a peku port and shorting the data pair, or 3) using a CO line port

I'd like to have at least the option to upgrade him to pdku boards and digital phones in the future (sound quality is just so much better).

so. all that being said. the question.
1)I can easily add a piou(s) to his system (assuming I can find the 20 button display phone that they're supposed to have in a cabinet somewhere). i see this as the least useful choice tho, I don't wanna use up a whole slot if I don't have to.
2) what has to be done to the "data" pair of a peku port to make it play nice? searching says "short it" or "put a resistor across it" but... is it really that simple? does that trick the processor into thinking there's an ekt phone there, so when I "call" it, it thinks there's a phone there, and lets me talk, like if it was a station to station intercom call?
3) I get the concept here... hook a pair from the CO line port, dial the access code, you're on.... is that it?

I've gotta go over there today and actually look at what exactly they've got, i've not looked at it in a couple of years, the last time somebody asked me about it....

kinda long post to ask a couple of simple questions, thanks for any answers tho, ya'll are the best.

Jeff Schouten
Liked Replies
by dans
dans
Regarding the paging, why not just tap off the internal speaker of the phone to the paging amp?. Its not like your going to void the warranty.

1 member likes this
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,802
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (jsaad), 133 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024