web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Thread Like Summary
Ben Holmes
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#646013 02/16/2024 7:43 PM
by Ben Holmes
Ben Holmes
Have a customer using an MIPU24 with 8 SIP trunks, and the rest of the MIPU slots are filled with IP phones. In house (not IP phones - although it also happens on IP phones) if a call is in progress, and someone else hangs up their phone - the person still on the phone will get 3-5 seconds of silence - neither party can hear anything.

I duplicated the problem on an IP phone on my desk (about 100 miles from the customer), made a call to my cell phone, then just tapped my cell phone so I had constant clicking - when I saw someone else hang up - I had silence both ways for about 5 seconds. So this really is the problem, exactly as the customer describes. (how rare is that!)

I'm planning to replace the processor and MIPU card, but any other ideas? Been doing Toshiba for 30 years, but this one has me stumped!
Liked Replies
#646014 Feb 16th a 08:26 PM
by Toner
Toner
Hi Ben,

It's quite likely the issue comes from the customer's firewall/router. It sounds like UDP streams or NAT port mapping gets briefly interrupted or changed when a call ends. If you have a way you can connect the SIP trunk through a different firewall (I would recommend Ubiquiti ER-X with SIP ALG disabled) that would be the quickest way to test.
1 member likes this
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,406 Shoretel
189,166 CTX100 install
187,426 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 437 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024