atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Frank_DaFoneguy Centrex & Nortel questions - 09/18/07 06:20 AM
Anyone have experience connecting an analog device to digitally served Nortel lines? Location is using Nortel 8417's and Venture 3-line sets.

I am trying to interface a device that uses analog Rhetorix or Dialogic cards.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Centrex & Nortel questions - 09/18/07 05:09 PM
Are you using loopstart lines out of a 'channel bank'? Venture and 8417 are loopstart pots devices. I'm not really sure what you are trying to accomplish. AA won't work because that would require somewhere/someplace to park/transfer the call. VM won't work because mail boxes have to be related to something. I'm not really being clear here. Can you further explain what you are trying to accomplish? John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Centrex & Nortel questions - 09/18/07 05:09 PM
8417's & Ventures both use analogue lines themselves....just tap onto the desired line.

Dave
Posted By: Frank_DaFoneguy Re: Centrex & Nortel questions - 09/19/07 07:23 AM
OK, I have found the Venture and 8417 are analog devices, as our device is, so we can just dor the RJ-31's we always use.

I do have a couple other locations that are using Centrex Plus and M5208 Nortel sets. Engineer said I need an SLI, but, I find no information on this device. My understanding is the SLI works much like an ATA.

It sounds confiusing, but from what he says, you plug the SLI up to the digital line, and it will provide an analog port along with continuity of the digital feed. Like a feed-thru type device.

Any help is appreciated.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help