atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel 4 line icms on dsl line - 11/20/08 07:18 PM
hello again. i have a customer with at&t 4 line sets. they have dsl on line one. the icm dont work. when i take off the dsl filter they will work. seems the icms use a digital signal and the filter wont let it pass. is there a solution other than putting line 2 on the first line and line 1 on the third line and filter the third line.
Posted By: hbiss Re: 4 line icms on dsl line - 11/20/08 07:25 PM
They don't use a digital signal, merely RF. You might want to try using a single DSL filter (sometimes called a splitter) on that line at the NID. I assume that you are using filters on each phone.

-Hal
Posted By: justbill Re: 4 line icms on dsl line - 11/20/08 07:51 PM
I've seen this. As Hal states put on a splitter, also these phone don't recommend the use of the 1st line for DSL just for this reason, it the first line that's used to communicate between the phones.
Posted By: skip555 Re: 4 line icms on dsl line - 11/21/08 06:15 AM
you could also swap lines one and two on the phones
Posted By: davetel Re: 4 line icms on dsl line - 11/21/08 12:52 PM
well they have 2-line filters so im thinking of putting the dsl line in the line 3 position and the line 2 in the line one position. it is a nonprofit place. maybe someone will donte a system! thanks dave
Posted By: hbiss Re: 4 line icms on dsl line - 11/21/08 01:25 PM
well they have 2-line filters

Yeah, so get rid of them like I said. That's your problem. If they won't spring for the few bucks a splitter costs MAKE one from one of the filters you take off the phones, a couple of surface jacks and a short line cord jumper. Take the DSL line off the NI directly, then line 1 through the filter then to all the phones.

-Hal
Posted By: Silversam Re: 4 line icms on dsl line - 11/21/08 01:30 PM
Davetel -

Remove all DSL Filters from the phones, fax machines, etc.
Disconnect all wiring for line 1 at the demarc.
Plug in a "Y" connector to line 1 at the Demarc.
Plug in 1 DSL filter to one side of the "Y". Replug all house wiring to the filter.
Run a cable to the DSL Modem from the other side of the "Y".

Problem solved.

Sam
Posted By: hbiss Re: 4 line icms on dsl line - 11/21/08 01:32 PM
Sam, you type faster than I do. :toast:

-Hal
Posted By: Silversam Re: 4 line icms on dsl line - 11/21/08 07:11 PM
Hal -

I got you by what? 90 seconds? That's got to be a record.

Sam
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help