atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: paul144 Communication with Customers - 08/06/03 06:03 AM
I just had an interesting experience and thought that I would pass it along to all of you installers.
I work for a repair/refurbish company. We also sell manuals.
We recieved a Comdial phone for repair from a new end-user customer. We fixed the phone. When we contacted the customer about payment, they said it should be under warranty. We had never done any work for them before and the phone did not have one of our warranty stickers on it.
After several calls back and forth it turns out that the phone was purchased new from Comdial in February of this year, should be under warranty from Comdial.
The installer had given his customer a copy of a downloaded manual from our web site. The phone went down, the installer was on vacation, the customer was in a hurry to get the phone fixed, sent it to us (found address of web site on manual) thinking(stupidly, I admit) that we would honor Comdial's warranty.
Bottom line: please let your customers know who to send things to for warranty repair if it is not you!
This customer is now angry at his installer, for poor communication, angry at Comdial, because an almost new phone went down, and angry at me, for charging him for a repair. Nobody wins.
Posted By: highfalcon1 Re: Communication with Customers - 08/06/03 06:11 AM
what the hell kind of installer goes on vacation without having backup....just another 1 man show in this business that is ruining it.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Communication with Customers - 08/06/03 09:09 AM
I don't thing your going to find that type of phone vendor on this board to get the message to. You shouldn't have to do it but you might consider telling customers that call you direct (or send product) that there is a charge for your service regardless of manufacture warranty.
Posted By: ken_07734 Re: Communication with Customers - 08/07/03 04:26 AM
Situations like that occur every day in this industry, I have been in places and had customers threaten to kill me because of the previous tech screwwing up the job!, I have had tenants on the other side of the building tell me that I can't touch the lines because they don't want me to f up there stuuf like I did the tenant I'm working on when I have never been there before!, it's all customer care my friends....
Posted By: Z-man Re: Communication with Customers - 08/07/03 08:21 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by highfalcon1:
what the hell kind of installer goes on vacation without having backup....just another 1 man show in this business that is ruining it.</font>

Mitch,

your missing the point. It is about staying in communication with your customer, whether your a one man show like a lot of companies or a large company. I bet you will find a lot of independant techs on this board, and if you ask their customers, they are getting better service from one guy than they got from the large companies. I am independant contractor. I sub for about a dozen companies in Colorado and I run my own customer base. I have 5 guys that work with me as the job dictates and when I go out of town, they cover things as needed. I know each of my customers by name, and they know me. I never have to guess what the guy before me did or told the customer. I have been in business for myself for 4 years and have never lost a customer. To imply a "one man show" is ruining this business is somewhat insulting. In fact, it is the "one man show" that keeps things going for most people. My customers aren't just companies with 5 or 10 people either(albeit they are as important to me as well), I have many companies that have revenue in excess of $10 million a year, several in excess of $100 million a year, and even a couple that will exceed the 2 billion dollar mark in sales for the year. I think you would find my situation a fairly common one if you asked a lot of the other people on this board. So next time you post your opinion on how someone handles themselves in this business, you should consider all the facts.
Posted By: clgjr Re: Communication with Customers - 08/14/03 07:59 PM
I hate to bash anyone ,but every comment Mitch makes is just plain silly! There are lots of good "one man shows" out here , seems like like you don't know much of anything! That is exactly right about getting better service that way (one on one basis). I sell it , install it,and maintain it. Where else are you going to get that? Most of my customers would not like getting service calls ,and have a different tech out each time! Anyway you would'nt make a pimple on my ass!!!!!Mitch the b!@#$
Posted By: dtmf Re: Communication with Customers - 08/14/03 08:30 PM
(One Man Show)
I have been on my own for about 8 years and our situation is identical to Z-man's, we have many small clients and just as many large clients and they all get the "One Man Show" personal touch. I see the larger companies folding left and right and guess who is still going strong, Yep the "One Man Show"
Posted By: highfalcon1 Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 03:52 AM
Its obvious you all have a bug up your ass with me, which is good cause I love every minute of it....

JUST REMEMBER ALL OF YOU LUZERS.......Ive been doing this stuff since 1982, long before half of you want to be's were born....

I can call it quits right now and take it easy......can you all??????....

So Suck me off.........

moderator adds:
this is Mitch the phone Man for those of you who don't know.

[This message has been edited by test-ok (edited August 18, 2003).]
Posted By: taxed2death Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 05:11 AM
Isnt this suppose to be a tech-talk board??
Why is there bashing of people here??

I just registered under a different name a couple of days ago expecting to find some support here and this is what I find...

added by moderator:
also know as highfalcon1, and mitchthephone man, but goes undercover so you don't know who he is.

[This message has been edited by test-ok (edited August 18, 2003).]
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 05:52 AM
Some of us might disagree but we don't have a bug or make it personal. We are a two man show and do very well. I have been in this business since 1970 and I can and did retire. But I am back because I like this business. So, HighFalcon I disagree with you but respect how you feel. Can you do the same with us?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 07:13 AM
taxed2death,
You are right this is a tech board and bashing isn't cool, as you look through the post's on the board you will find some very nice and helpful people. Unfortunately there are people that just don't know how to act and it's obvious that age doesn't matter when it comes to maturity. I for one have been in the industry longer than him if his post is correct and I try to help those new to the field, with that said I think we should all just ignore this guy and let the Site Admin's take care of it.
Posted By: openwire Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 07:25 AM
It is unfortunate that there are those that have to revert to name calling and vulgarity to express an opinion. The majority of posters in this thread have proven that a differing opinion can be expressed with class and respect.

With the major companies still laying people off, I believe that there will be more "one man shows". I also believe that if you network your skills with other individuals and small companies....you and your customers will profit from it.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 07:27 AM
I agree with dtfm it's time to get back to telephony. As for taxed2death I want to say this is a great board and I am sorry that I took the time to reply to Highfalcon. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 09:34 AM
CMDL_GUY
1970 wow that's the same year I started..
There's a lot of oldsters on this board and I guess one 6 year old, this board is too technical to hold a 6 year olds attention for more than a minuet or 2, he'll disappear.
Posted By: taxed2death Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 10:17 AM
aaahhh ip tracking is so cool.........
Posted By: taxed2death Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 10:18 AM
BTW...mitchthephoneman is all 1 word.....
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 10:33 AM
>>Ive been doing this stuff since 1982
>>aaahhh ip tracking is so cool.........

Your a little on the slow side with 21 years of experience...wouldn't ya say?
nothing gets by you does it?

Let's use this thread...just for you Mitch. Go ahead and spout off..this is what ya want and I'm assuming it's pure entertainment for everyone else.
So give it your best shot. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 11:47 AM
Boy you guys make me feel really old....

I started in 1966. And is still going strong.

As for the one-man show, well I have done both the one man and the big companies.
Some business will only deal with other big business as they are ruled by their corporate control and some big companies would rather have the personal touch.

It all comes down to how you present yourself and the respect you have earned by taking what I call "Pride in Professionalism"

Unfortunately there are some guys out there that don't care about anything but money and it winds up giving the industry a bad smear.

I'll get off my soapbox now.....

DJ
Posted By: bullcube Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 07:30 PM
Mitch... I mean High Falcon... I mean Mr. Taxed...
I was just wondering if you read your posts after you sober up?
P.S. Maybe we should we just call you legion because you are many...
Posted By: AvayaNovice Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 10:00 PM
Mitch/TaxedToDeath/HighFalcon.

Were you that kid that rolled into class back in highschool and wondered why everyone looked at you funny? Maybe didn't understand why people looked at you and then started to laugh? That's cool man, I understand. Let me give you a wee bit of advice. I find no better way to describe you other than you're a dick, you've got nothing positive to say, and you enjoy being a dick obviously by your repeated attempts at dickmanship. If there's one thing you've accomplished in life, it's being an [censored]. You've got the [censored] award with a gold seal. We've all had enough of your foolish banter, so why don't you just make it easier for yourself... and quit the bullshit. I'll sleep easier when you leave town. If you've got something to say that doesn't involve making everyone else the fool, or if you happen to have some insight... go for it, otherwise get your ratty ass off our forum and find something else to do besides shoving your thumb up your ass and taking a sniff afterward. We're all tired of it.
Posted By: WhiteStar Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 10:15 PM
LOL
Posted By: clgjr Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 10:39 PM
Just one more thing Mitch I was punching 100pr cable at the age of five , could install 1A2 systems at age seven! I grew up in this business, my Father has been in since 1962(semi-retired ). I have forgot more than you'll ever know!! Can you say that,By the way I doubt you could retire because I doubt you have or had very many customers. Maybe you have another source of income, cause I'm willing to bet it's not any type of communications work!!
Posted By: taxed2death Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 10:47 PM
LOL.......
Posted By: taxed2death Re: Communication with Customers - 08/15/03 10:48 PM
2002 tax returns available for viewing....
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Communication with Customers - 08/16/03 07:24 AM
I think we all have a language barrier with Mitch or whoever he calls himself today. It has been my experience that those who brag about money usually don't have any! It is obvious that he likes attention even if it is negative. I think we need to ignore this subject and get back to telephony, that is something Mitch doesn't understand. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: taxed2death Re: Communication with Customers - 08/16/03 11:32 AM
well spoken words...........

enough is enough.........lets get back to the phone biz........1 day of bashing a month is good for the soul.......its a good way to release frustrations on the economy and the customers we deal with every day.......

TOPIC IS NOW CLOSED....see ya..Mitch
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Communication with Customers - 08/16/03 05:06 PM
I agree with AvayaNovice. I have also experienced his ignorance on other boards.
I think he said nasty stuff to me since I am only 16. I am really into telecommunications but seeing people like Mitch really makeme think twice about this industry.

[This message has been edited by jeffmoss26 (edited August 16, 2003).]
Posted By: dtmf Re: Communication with Customers - 08/17/03 07:05 AM
This is not about releasing frustrations on the economy and customers, it's about you and the way you handle yourself.

>>> 1 day of bashing a month is good for the soul <<< Are you saying we can expect this once a month from you?

We are not going to close and delete this thread like the last time you acted up, it will be left open for moderators, members to see and comment there opinions so maybe you will finally see exactly how people feel about your comments.

The bottom line is that you need to stop with the negative and smart-ass comments and become an asset to the board or get off of it and stay away. So you see the [Topic Is Not Closed] and will not be closed until this matter is taken care of once and for all.

dtmf

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited August 17, 2003).]
Posted By: dtmf Re: Communication with Customers - 08/17/03 07:20 AM
jeffmoss26,
Don't base your opinion of the industry on one person, stay with it and you will do fine as you have the right attitude, don't forget the rest of us are here to help you any time you need it. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Added:
Both of my sons now work for me, one just turned 20 and the other is 23. they to grew up watching me and working with me in the summers, and now they are full time telephone techs. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: Communication with Customers - 08/17/03 09:17 AM
Stay with this industry it is a great way to earn a living. There are a lot of older guy's like myself who are here to help. The only thing you need to think twice about is responding to this sick individual. According to his last post we can expect this kind of behavior from time to time.

[This message has been edited by CMDL_GUY (edited August 17, 2003).]
Posted By: highfalcon1 Re: Communication with Customers - 08/17/03 10:50 AM
only when my prozac gets low.....
Posted By: highfalcon1 Re: Communication with Customers - 08/17/03 10:55 AM
oh by the way...my net for 2002 was $245,735.245. Not bad for a 1 man show. Email me and I will show you how to get and secure local and state education wiring contracts. Its not hard.

And my internet cigar business is bringing in over $500.000.00 Gross so far....

Man oh Man I got way to much time on my hands....

talk to ya later guys...gotta check my new construction database email leads that just came in...

Mitch Taylor
Posted By: highfalcon1 Re: Communication with Customers - 08/17/03 11:00 AM
i was never to good in math...whadda want from a New Jersey education...
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Communication with Customers - 08/17/03 11:16 AM
Not only is your math not good your story doesn't hold much water either.
Do you honestly believe anyone with half a mind believes your a one man band make 3/4 of a million dollars and all you seem to have time for is wasting your time on Bulletin Boards (and believe me you waste your time on em) I don't think you know the difference between reality and a dream. As for a one man band bringing in that kinda money...why the move to PA in Amish or farm country, not much wiring going on there. I also don't think it's Prozac, this is a classic case of alcoholism, get smashed...spout off..then pretend like it didn't happen the next day.
My friend...you have a problem.
Posted By: highfalcon1 Re: Communication with Customers - 08/17/03 11:36 AM
where else can you find a brand new 3 story townhouse 45 minutes away from Baltimore for $140,000.00.

Most wiring contracts go to the lowest bidder, at lease thats the way Baltimore does it, and as long as you have 2 minority workers in your company you are guaranteed the contract. NOW we are talking serious stuff here, no BS'ing. And they never check past jobs completed. Baltimore favors companies that are considered monority owned firms...

I still never figured it out but it works. I can sit in my townhouse in PA, and read the contracts posted in the City government website (you gotta join $$$$) get a copy of the spec's...bid on it and if I get it, give it to the wiring contractors that I use...

I think you know how much a 200 station 4 drop each station with fiber backbones prices out to...

Wanna talk more...lets...I have nothing to hide...
Posted By: highfalcon1 Re: Communication with Customers - 08/17/03 11:37 AM
And I dont drink or do drugs........never did and never will.......JUST CIGARS & GOOD COLUMBIAN COFFEE.......
Posted By: highfalcon1 Re: Communication with Customers - 08/17/03 11:44 AM
I also subscribe to whats called a Construction Leads database. It costs me 345.00 each quarter. But I find it not that great because there tends to be alot of favoritism toward certain companys...CORRUPTION at its finest.

Also York County in PA has just been named a Growth sector in PA. We all know what comes next...it has been noticed for its low property taxes, quality of life and cost of living...and you should see the influx of Baltimore County people taking advantage of it. Havent paid attention too much to Lancaster County yet cause it seems its a more retail based county.

Check ou all the big manufactuering firms in York...it would surprise you, but the highway system need improvement which they are doing at a rapid pace...

A new convention center that will be completed in about a week, you should see this place, 3 drops and 2 fiber drops to each location, (what are they planning??)

And next week is the York County Fair...I think the main event is cow tipping...

gonna go have a cigar, so I will talk to ya later this evening, see ya. "Mitch"
Posted By: dtmf Re: Communication with Customers - 08/17/03 12:02 PM
What the hell has any of this got to do with the way you conduct yourself on boards, that is the issue. I could care less at how much you make or were you live.

Then when someone say's anything to you about it, you run to all the other boards and try and get everyone to spam or flood the site and even go as far as to suggest that Sundance is ripping people off by buying equipment from other places and repackaging it for resell with out warranties. You also suggest that we edit everybody's post so they will say what we want them to, you are the only person that gets edited on this board.

I can't figure out why you go out of your way to cause troulble when it's so easy not to, then act like nothing is wrong and everthing is normal.

In case you haven't noticed I'm pissed and I want some answers!

Posted By: taxed2death Re: Communication with Customers - 08/17/03 01:44 PM
I thought we are supposed to post telephone related stuff here....

I am posting information on how to procure those available wiring jobs posted by local governments and education....especially education....

isnt making money in this business more important then editing my posts and deleting lines from it and inserting your own text..........

if you all want to get those contract jobs email me and I will show you where they are...EDUCATION is a hot hot hot area in wiring this days....THE RUSH TO BRING BROADBAND INTO THE SCHOOLS IS ON A HOT PACE...just read Cable Business magazine.

good luck and get those jobs...your friend
Mitch
Posted By: dtmf Re: Communication with Customers - 08/17/03 02:28 PM
You still haven't answered my question. This is not going away like the last time, You have some explaining to do and we want some answers.
Posted By: taxed2death Re: Communication with Customers - 08/17/03 04:17 PM
Whatta sitting by your computer like a child at xmas????

Tell me who am I answering TEST-OK or DTMF??

Or are you both the same person???

When you tell me who gives you the right to edit a person's right of freedom of speech then I will answer to you. Your membership rules like the other board states that profanity will not be tolirated and the board has the right to terminate membershp of that member..

IT DOES NOT STATE THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO RE-EDIT 1's STATEMENTS TO MISSREPRESENT THEM IN A DEFAMED WAY.

Where did Test-Ok go, or is he doing your laundry????????????

If I bother you so much why dont you just delete my membership like your rules & regulations states.....or is this the most fun you have had in a long time....

AND BY THE WAY for all you others who are watching this soap opera, if you are still interested on how I get education contracts you can email me. Dont let the girls at Sundance feed your mind with crap....

WWW.GetwiredByMitch.com

(this will be edited and deleted by the girls at Sundance)

I will be signing off until tomorrow cause its back to preparing for next weeks fun & games...... By all...
Posted By: dtmf Re: Communication with Customers - 08/17/03 05:29 PM
To answer your first question, no we are two different people
Profiles (test-ok, Las Vegas)
(dtmf, Salt Lake City)
IP's wow they are different
But you being so good at telecom and computers already knew that.

To answer your 2nd question when you act like an idiot and post stupid remarks like ( So Suck me off.......) you should expect to be treated like an idiot.

And you got your wish, please don't come back we will try somehow to get by without you.
Good luck and good riddance
dtmf not test-ok
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help