atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MooreTel Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/01/11 08:05 PM
Congrats to my US neighbours!

From CNN.com

"Osama bin Laden is dead, CNN John King reported Sunday night, citing sources. President Barack Obama is to address the nation momentarily regarding bin Laden's death" :toast:
Posted By: 1864 Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/01/11 08:22 PM
Originally posted by MooreTel:
Congrats to my US neighbours :toast:
Congrats to the WORLD!
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/01/11 08:57 PM
This is great news! A man of pure evil has been put away for good. Let us not forget all of the troops, both U.S. and from all the allies, that have given up so much for this to happen.
Posted By: SST Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/01/11 09:03 PM
Islam is short one terrorist!
CIA! USA! CIA! USA! CIA! USA! CIA! USA! CIA! USA! CIA! USA! CIA! USA! CIA! USA! CIA! USA!
Osama Bin Dead!
Posted By: 94astro Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/01/11 09:55 PM
I thought he would be found in a cave, not a mansion! One less demented bastard...
Posted By: justbill Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 04:58 AM
I'm glad it wasn't a missile or a bomb. The last thing he saw was an American special forces member.

The world would be a better place if all the vermin like him were dead.
Posted By: Silversam Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 04:58 AM
Closure

Sam
Posted By: metelcom Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 05:46 AM
Now I lay me down to sleep...one less terrorist this world does keep...with all my heart I give my thanks... to those in uniform regardless of rank... you serve our country and serve it well...with humble hearts your stories tell..so as I rest my weary eyes...while freedom rings our flag still flies...you give your all, do what you must... with God we live and in God we trust... Amen

copied from friend on FB
Posted By: TeletypeJoe Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 05:51 AM
I am glad that they got the [deleted] terrorist. Sadly, so many brave soldiers, sailors and airmen have given their lives and limbs, while the same end could have been achieved years ago with a squadren of B-52 loads of dropped thermonuclear weapons.

Oh, I forgot, we don't have those any more...

None the less, I am grateful that he is dead. I have the utmost respect for our SEALS and all of the other men and women who have sacrificed so much in order to get the prince of evil.

Joe
Posted By: skip555 Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 05:56 AM
[Linked Image from poynter.org]

[Linked Image from poynter.org]

more here
Posted By: Rickman Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 05:58 AM
GO NAVY!!!!
GO SEALS!!!!! :toast: clap :thumb: aok
Posted By: RonP Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 06:00 AM
Congratulations to all the men involved. Job well done!!
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 06:56 AM
Originally posted by 94astro:
I thought he would be found in a cave, not a mansion! One less demented bastard...
"Dead or Alive" by Tom Clancy. bin Laden was living in a mansion (albeit a mansion in Las Vegas not Pakistan).
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 08:24 AM
My office window looks at the WTC. It has not looked this good in 10 years. Many Flags are flying there today.
What a Site.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 08:27 AM
Dean: Is that book any good....I am stuck on "The Bear and the Dragon" and wanted to finish that before reading my Christmas preset.

I can't help but feel a sense of joy I must be the bearer of a buzz kill.

My biggest regret is that he is dead. And that I think the opeeration was timed for politcal purposes.

bin Laden vowed that he would never be taken alive. If we had taken him alive, it would raise questions in his followers on whether or not they should continue to kill themselves when their leader didn't. I also wonder if he didn't off himselve. Yeah we say we took him out with a headshot, but land ing helicopters in the front yard gave him plenty of time to arange his suicide. Now he is a martyr. I don;t think we will see anything as a result of this in the immediate future, just that they will have a renewed resolve to fight.
As for the timing: 8 months of planning. After the Birther issue, Oboma said he had more important things to do (right before going on Oprah), did he know he wqas going to conduct this "exercise" in a few days? If so why did it get executed on the anniversary of "mission occomplished".

Taking everything at face value I want to believe that the brave intelligence personell radio in that this would be the best time, commanders asked for the "go" to send in the brave troops, and the President acted bravely by sending in troops into Pakistan (our allie...Really?) knowing that a failed mission would have tremendous fallout for himself, his administration, and the US as a whole. When troops got there the had a firefight with bin Laden in a offensive situation, and our skilled troops decided that a well placed bullet was the best and only course of action.

None the less, my cynicism aside, I am proud of all involved for finally bringing this to an end, now on to his replacement, and his replacement, and his replacement, etc.
Posted By: gelehu Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 09:39 AM
Well, just so the Pakistani brass didnt know where he was,right?That should be worth a couple more billion.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 09:48 AM
Bill the book is good. Better than "Debt of Honor", the book published in 1994 about an embittered Japan Air Lines pilot who is driven mad by the deaths of his son and brother-in-law during the brief conflict, murders his co-pilot and flies their Boeing 747 directly into the U.S. Capitol building. Sound familiar?

Too bad Hollywood changed the entire story line in "The Sum of All Fears". The original storyline was better.

However I still think "Red Storm Rising" is the best.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 10:58 AM
[img]https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2011/05/02/030511binladenhellcl_custom.jpg?t=1304334923&s=4[/img]
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 11:28 AM
He was buried at sea. What a shame a POS like bin laden was placed in the same grave as millions of brave sailors from all countries.
Should have been cremated and had his ashes scattered in a hog yard!
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 11:39 AM
I don't care if it's a failed cover-up or if it's technically illegal, I'm glad the bastard is dead. That's pretty harsh from a guy like me.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 11:59 AM
Interesting that Saturday or Sunday, a public service announcement that access to Fort Bragg (USA) is now 'restricted'. You suppose Uncle Sam expects retaliatory activity? Same with Camp Lejune. (USMC) Anyone else seen/heard the same in their part of the country?
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 02:39 PM
John, read this
Posted By: ComdialJim Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/02/11 06:06 PM
"Revenge is a dish best served cold." In New York today it was nice and cold. What Bush said on that mound downtown 10 years ago has come true.

"The people that knocked down these buildings will be hearing from us soon" It took 10 years but I am glad we got him, face to face so he knew it was the US Miltary that sent him packing.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/03/11 09:43 AM
And for all the 'naysayers', the few and bitter responses from al queda spokespeople indicate that it WAS bin laden! But, of course, there are ALWAYS those that think 'it's all a conspiracy'.
Posted By: mongo5150 Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/03/11 07:43 PM
Right, cuz they buried Megatron in the same place and he came BACK!
Posted By: skip555 Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/03/11 09:06 PM
:rofl:

@Matt
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/04/11 07:28 AM
Awwwww, too bad. "He wasn't armed" SO WHAT! I seriously doubt that the 2900+ folks killed on 9/11 were armed with anything deadlier than a cell phone!
Posted By: zerogravitymeter Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/08/11 10:24 AM
Did anyone see the video of his high tech headquarters audio/video setup?

It looked like CTU in the tv show 24. He was like the mastermind in a James Bond movie.

Just kidding, it was an 30 year old 10-inch tv with a cable dangling down the wall.

Posted By: Dr Don Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/08/11 12:24 PM
Just kidding, it was an 30 year old 10-inch tv with a cable dangling down the wall.

Im Glad you noticed on proper cable installs.

The only problem is the man behind the curtian?

It does not take the wizzard of Oz to go figure a place in Kansas.

Obama just bought his wife a pair of Ruby Slippers.

If the CIA is that good why does it take take ten years to fix my dead phone?
Posted By: Dr Don Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead!!! - 05/08/11 01:49 PM
I forgot,

Bin Laden had enough money and pigions for communications and that he was not to be intercepted?

The only way for him to make contact would be from some rouge satilite. Maybe the Russians or China?

How did he order Pizza Delivery who helped him?

Oh, he walked down to A Pakistan main st. BISTRO-Art the bistro across the block and down the street from his compond for ten years"? while Exemporting those Big macks from Macdonalds and Opaites of Heroin used in medical for 50 years and said, I want Something to go on the "Take Out menue". The take.

The Navy seal working that day at the farmers market Afgan pizza with Flat non leven bread, asked if he would like the fish special delivered to his house.

Osama replied, "I want sardines on my Pizza".

A big aurgument over the phone over anchoives and type made for the Pizza dilivery or Osama wife who can't cook beans. Pizza guy show up with a used AK47/

Osama said? where is the cheese?

The Pizza guy forgot the cheese and made him Swiss Cheese.

Bill Qaeda said,
Osama was used a fertizlizer and I'm still working for the drug trade with my brother Al Qaeda. Bill Qaeda said in this past weeks interview.

I almost wanted to ask him if I could get a job with Satcom. That would blow my cover.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help