atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: petratech VOIP in Hotels such as Vonage - 02/03/05 09:14 AM
I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether using the vonage lines with a VOIP PBX would be cost effective or benefit the hotel in anyway. Also would the calls be able to be costed and so forth? Does the PBX recognize the calls the same as it would using regular COL ines? Please help, I am baffled with this.
Posted By: groundstart Re: VOIP in Hotels such as Vonage - 02/03/05 10:52 AM
using my vonage lines as an example: I am able to go online and check what calls I receive and make and length of time, also I can play my vm calls through my computer.

As far as costs, it doesnt show that online.

In terms of multiline usage, I would check with Vonage because you would have to order multiple vonage boxes.

BUT, I understand due to the increase in demand, I think Vonage may be working on MultiLine boxes for the application you requested.

Give a call to Vonage, but I must warn you, they are experienced growing pains and I have had to speak to several reps in order to get the correct information.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: SST Re: VOIP in Hotels such as Vonage - 02/03/05 11:00 AM
The 'modem' Vonage provides does not offer open loop disconect. So, if you use the vonage service as they offer it, with any kind of voice mail or AA the lines will "hang" on far-end disconnects. If you want to terminate directly into a voip card in a pbx you should contact Vonage for compatability. They mentioned to me they are, or may plan on some type of PBX.
Posted By: benhadad Re: VOIP in Hotels such as Vonage - 02/03/05 01:10 PM
That is what VoIP service providers are for. RNK will set you up and even give you DID at a price and service that Vonage can't match. But you do pay per minute.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help