web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#4843 02/03/05 05:14 AM
OP Offline
I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether using the vonage lines with a VOIP PBX would be cost effective or benefit the hotel in anyway. Also would the calls be able to be costed and so forth? Does the PBX recognize the calls the same as it would using regular COL ines? Please help, I am baffled with this.

"It is never too late to be what you could have been"......George Elliot
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

using my vonage lines as an example: I am able to go online and check what calls I receive and make and length of time, also I can play my vm calls through my computer.

As far as costs, it doesnt show that online.

In terms of multiline usage, I would check with Vonage because you would have to order multiple vonage boxes.

BUT, I understand due to the increase in demand, I think Vonage may be working on MultiLine boxes for the application you requested.

Give a call to Vonage, but I must warn you, they are experienced growing pains and I have had to speak to several reps in order to get the correct information.

Hope this helps.

SST Offline
The 'modem' Vonage provides does not offer open loop disconect. So, if you use the vonage service as they offer it, with any kind of voice mail or AA the lines will "hang" on far-end disconnects. If you want to terminate directly into a voip card in a pbx you should contact Vonage for compatability. They mentioned to me they are, or may plan on some type of PBX.

That is what VoIP service providers are for. RNK will set you up and even give you DID at a price and service that Vonage can't match. But you do pay per minute.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,440 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,078 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024