atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: clgjr Little Giant - 04/28/05 05:46 PM
I've seen an infomercial on what seems to be a neat ladder (Little Giant). Although before I purchase one I figured I would ask if any body else has one and if you like it?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Little Giant - 04/28/05 05:52 PM
I have two, one small and one large, you can't hurt them. I can see where they will last forever. There headquarters are about 40 miles from here in Spanish Fork.
Posted By: KENB Re: Little Giant - 04/28/05 05:53 PM
seen the commercial seems its a little pricy
and was wondering the weight and thought it might be a little heavy to hump in and out
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: Little Giant - 04/28/05 06:21 PM
I have never used a Little Giant before, but I have heard they are heavy. I've seen them demonstrated at home-improvement trade shows. My previous employer provided me with a Versaladder. Nice ladder that folded up into a 3-foot section. It folded out to a 6-foot A-frame or a 12-foot non-extendable prop-up ladder, or any crazy configuration you could make it do. The downside is that it's all aluminum, and therefore conductive. Lightweight otherwise. I liked it. I think it also came in one that folded down to 4-foot. Search online for Versaladder. Home Depot used to carry them, but now I think they carry something with square rungs. I tried one, and it hurt my feet when used at an angle.

I now use a 7-foot Werner combo ladder. The one the telco uses. Works as either an A-Frame or an extension ladder. It also has a thing at the top for propping it against a pole. I've also seen them a little shorter. Good all-around ladder. Of course it's a bit heavier than a low-class (rating) 6-foot A-frame, but it also is more flexible.

------------------
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA
Posted By: dtmf Re: Little Giant - 04/28/05 06:24 PM
They aren't that heavy, the big one is but the one we use most is fine.
Posted By: Jonathan Re: Little Giant - 04/28/05 07:21 PM
I would not buy the foldable ladder that Home Depot sells. I am not sure of the brand. But it has four folding points. It can be made into a bunch of different configurations but it is very heavy and it DOES hurt your feet. But I think that the biggest downfall is that you have to lay it on its side to unfold it. That is very difficult in a tight office enviroment. I paid a little less and now I cuss everytime I have to drag that thing out. I should have bought the Little Giant. I should take the lesson that we are always trying to give to our customers, you get what you pay for.
Posted By: dwflood Re: Little Giant - 04/28/05 07:54 PM
That Versaladder is awful. Its heavy and cumbersome to unfold. And if you're not careful, you can loose a finger in the hinges. I can't tell you how many times I've busted a finger or two when trying to fold that thing. I don't do much ladder work anymore, but I have seen the little giant and it seems easier to use.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Little Giant - 04/29/05 05:59 AM
I don't know if I'd buy a ladder without trying it out first. I've tried those collapsable ones before (other techs'), & I just couldn't stand on them for very long. Very painful. I have a small 4ft Werner that I carry all the time. It does 90% of what I want. Have a 6ft Werner that I use the rest of the time. Otherwise I look to the customer to provide the ladder if it's higher than that---or a scissor lift(love them!!) for warehouses & work shops.
Posted By: oberender Re: Little Giant - 04/29/05 09:20 AM
We have two and can't imagine working without them. They are great for all types of tight spaces. Pulling cable up stairs is a breeze and no laughing our service vehicle is a Dodge Neon and we can fit the ladders in the car.
Posted By: justbill Re: Little Giant - 04/29/05 10:59 AM
I have a Keller, same principle as little giant but not as expensive. Bought it thinking if I liked it would buy the little giant. It's held up great and really like it, so far haven't had to buy the more expensive one. As far as weight goes, they are a little heavy, what I do is carry it on my truck with the legs to the front and if I don't need the whole thing I just slide the center out and use only it, make it much lighter, less stable of course just got to be aware of that, but I've never had a problem. Really nice to just carry one ladder for the most part.
Posted By: clgjr Re: Little Giant - 04/29/05 02:17 PM
I will get myself one. Thanks for the responses. I like the way you can set it up at 90 degrees to keep from leaning regular ladder up agaisnt a wall and having customer complaining.
Posted By: clgjr Re: Little Giant - 04/29/05 02:17 PM
I will get myself one. Thanks for the responses. I like the way you can set it up at 90 degrees to keep from leaning regular ladder up agaisnt a wall and having customer complaining.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Little Giant - 04/29/05 03:16 PM
They take a little getting use to but once you use them for a while you get real fast at it.
Posted By: RICK Re: Little Giant - 05/04/05 08:16 PM
Recently bought the little Giant 22' Ladder.
I think it is great , very sturdy, but heavy.
I only pull it out on higher then 6' ceilings.

Expensive but worth the extra cash, you wont regret getting one.

Rick
Posted By: Phone_girl_NE Re: Little Giant - 06/08/05 06:54 PM
I've got the models 13, 17 & 26. The latter 2 I keep on my van. Been using them for over 8 years. The 17 is a little bent but that is from my stupidity not the ladder. I love I can grab the 26 (yes it is heavy and can be hard to set up straight) but allows me to get to most ceilings in stores like WalMart.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help