web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#5890 04/28/05 01:46 PM
clgjr Offline OP
OP Offline
I've seen an infomercial on what seems to be a neat ladder (Little Giant). Although before I purchase one I figured I would ask if any body else has one and if you like it?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#5891 04/28/05 01:52 PM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
I have two, one small and one large, you can't hurt them. I can see where they will last forever. There headquarters are about 40 miles from here in Spanish Fork.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
#5892 04/28/05 01:53 PM
seen the commercial seems its a little pricy
and was wondering the weight and thought it might be a little heavy to hump in and out

#5893 04/28/05 02:21 PM
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
I have never used a Little Giant before, but I have heard they are heavy. I've seen them demonstrated at home-improvement trade shows. My previous employer provided me with a Versaladder. Nice ladder that folded up into a 3-foot section. It folded out to a 6-foot A-frame or a 12-foot non-extendable prop-up ladder, or any crazy configuration you could make it do. The downside is that it's all aluminum, and therefore conductive. Lightweight otherwise. I liked it. I think it also came in one that folded down to 4-foot. Search online for Versaladder. Home Depot used to carry them, but now I think they carry something with square rungs. I tried one, and it hurt my feet when used at an angle.

I now use a 7-foot Werner combo ladder. The one the telco uses. Works as either an A-Frame or an extension ladder. It also has a thing at the top for propping it against a pole. I've also seen them a little shorter. Good all-around ladder. Of course it's a bit heavier than a low-class (rating) 6-foot A-frame, but it also is more flexible.

------------------
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
| Signal Communication Systems - Fresno, CA |

| Telephone Systems, Voicemail Syste... & Data Cabling - Central Valley, CA

#5894 04/28/05 02:24 PM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
They aren't that heavy, the big one is but the one we use most is fine.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
#5895 04/28/05 03:21 PM
I would not buy the foldable ladder that Home Depot sells. I am not sure of the brand. But it has four folding points. It can be made into a bunch of different configurations but it is very heavy and it DOES hurt your feet. But I think that the biggest downfall is that you have to lay it on its side to unfold it. That is very difficult in a tight office enviroment. I paid a little less and now I cuss everytime I have to drag that thing out. I should have bought the Little Giant. I should take the lesson that we are always trying to give to our customers, you get what you pay for.

Call us for Iwatsu in Chicago www.wiilcom.com
#5896 04/28/05 03:54 PM
That Versaladder is awful. Its heavy and cumbersome to unfold. And if you're not careful, you can loose a finger in the hinges. I can't tell you how many times I've busted a finger or two when trying to fold that thing. I don't do much ladder work anymore, but I have seen the little giant and it seems easier to use.

#5897 04/29/05 01:59 AM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
I don't know if I'd buy a ladder without trying it out first. I've tried those collapsable ones before (other techs'), & I just couldn't stand on them for very long. Very painful. I have a small 4ft Werner that I carry all the time. It does 90% of what I want. Have a 6ft Werner that I use the rest of the time. Otherwise I look to the customer to provide the ladder if it's higher than that---or a scissor lift(love them!!) for warehouses & work shops.

#5898 04/29/05 05:20 AM
We have two and can't imagine working without them. They are great for all types of tight spaces. Pulling cable up stairs is a breeze and no laughing our service vehicle is a Dodge Neon and we can fit the ladders in the car.

#5899 04/29/05 06:59 AM
I have a Keller, same principle as little giant but not as expensive. Bought it thinking if I liked it would buy the little giant. It's held up great and really like it, so far haven't had to buy the more expensive one. As far as weight goes, they are a little heavy, what I do is carry it on my truck with the legs to the front and if I don't need the whole thing I just slide the center out and use only it, make it much lighter, less stable of course just got to be aware of that, but I've never had a problem. Really nice to just carry one ladder for the most part.

Retired phone dude
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 98 guests, and 242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024