atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Andyreed Systems that can handle analog DIDs? - 02/26/16 01:08 AM
Setting up some old WE and AE phones and maybe a 1A2 system on the C*NET collectors network. The method of routing calls is for your Asterisk tandem to hand the call off to another switch over an analog trunk and send a DID (after all, many members on the C*NET network have a Step by Step switch on the other end).

Everything I have laying around the house won't handle analog DID's. I've got a ShoreTel system that I know won't handle analog DID's or pulse dialing, and I have rotary phones. I've got a Panasonic KX-TD50 that I'm pretty sure will play nice with rotary, but not analog DID's, and a Mitel 3300 that I am also pretty sure won't accept DID's form an analog trunk.

So, time to find an old, used, otherwise forgotten key system or PBX that will play nice with analog DID's. Does anyone know of a system I might be able to find used that for sure supports DID's on an analog trunk?

Thanks!
Nortel Option 11s are cheap and will most anything you want.
Posted By: Andyreed Re: Systems that can handle analog DIDs? - 02/26/16 01:20 AM
Man, I had an old option 11 (and I mean really old, but who cares) in the basement until I moved a couple of years ago.

Not a bad suggestion. I was looking for something a little smaller since I'm in an apartment, but that might do the trick.
Merlin Legend or Magix
Posted By: Andyreed Re: Systems that can handle analog DIDs? - 02/26/16 06:48 AM
Cheap and easy. I think that's the winner.

I actually discovered that my Mitel can in fact do analog DID...but it does;t look like analog extensions can be pulse dial.

Should be able to pick up a used legend for not much at all. Thanks!
Posted By: upstateny Re: Systems that can handle analog DIDs? - 02/26/16 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Andyreed
Should be able to pick up a used legend for not much at all. Thanks!

Check ebay .... Legend stuff is dirt cheap now. I threw out a ton of it since i couldn't get any money for it.
Posted By: helpifican Re: Systems that can handle analog DIDs? - 02/26/16 12:23 PM
NEC 2000 or EPRO/IPK key systems.
Legend R7 or any Magix - since you want to be able to use rotary phones
Posted By: BTS01 Re: Systems that can handle analog DIDs? - 02/26/16 06:15 PM
Nortel MICS is inexpensive route as well.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Systems that can handle analog DIDs? - 03/02/16 12:38 AM
Older Tadiran Coral with do that AND have true carrier ring voltage. Hell they even have a Magneto card..LOL
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Systems that can handle analog DIDs? - 03/03/16 04:14 AM
Vodavi/Vertical DVX, DVXplus and XTS do it. We have lots of them out there still working with analog DID trunks with no issues. In fact, we recently deployed analog DID using an XTS to replace a failed system. 48 Volt battery sent to the CO and all.
Posted By: Andyreed Re: Systems that can handle analog DIDs? - 03/04/16 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by Coral Tech
Older Tadiran Coral with do that AND have true carrier ring voltage. Hell they even have a Magneto card..LOL

Can't say any of my stuff is quite that old! Good to know though if I ever do get any magneto stuff. If I am still living in an apartment that would definitely be smaller than getting a magneto cord board in here!

I ended up buying a Magix with an 016 card for about the price of a steak dinner. Amazing how the value of this stuff has dropped, and not in a good way necessarily.
Posted By: dexman Re: Systems that can handle analog DIDs? - 03/04/16 03:25 AM
Avaya put out a bulletin on a run of defective 016TR boards.

The issue concerned ports on the board "going to sleep". A system restart would temporarily resolve the problem, but, it would soon return. Off the top, I believe that the problem affected the top and bottom 4 ports.

Rather than fix the boards, Avaya suggested a flat out replacement.

The Legend and Magix were well built. They were designed for long service life.
Prices on the aftermarket for all but 1 board are quite inexpensive...considering how much the stuff cost prior to being MD'ed. The Avaya Merlin Messaging R4 and associated port licenses are still up there in price.
Posted By: Andyreed Re: Systems that can handle analog DIDs? - 03/04/16 02:05 PM
Pretty sure my board is indeed defective. I also read about a run of boards that develop static over time.

The static on the bottom and top 4 ports is severe. But oh well, I hardl paid anything for it so no big deal if I need to replace it.

Does anyone have info, serial numbers etc, of "bad" boards?
Posted By: dexman Re: Systems that can handle analog DIDs? - 03/04/16 02:56 PM
I found the info (Change Notice 1288B). 617F34 boards manufactured between September 2003 and February 2005 are suspect.

There are a couple of options:

.Replace with another Magix 016TR
.Replace with a Legend 016TR
.Replace with a Magix 016ETR and configure one of the ports as standard TR.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help