atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hello.

I have been trying for the longest time to get vonage(linksys adapter) to work on a network that does not have a DHCP server(or a firewall)

I basically just have a Data T1 going into the network and I have plugged the vonage box into it the network. There is no firewall and no DHCP server.

The internet light flashes but it will never get the phone line to turn on.

I have tried to manual set the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, DNS but still nothing.

Does anyone know if a DHCP server is a necessary to get the vonage to configure or is there any trick to this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Have you tried and call Vonage?
vonage also has a good site with online FAQS and forums

Ive found them helpfull
NO DHCP (NAT) means you'll need a public IP for the ATA. Do you have this?
No firewall and no DHCP server? What? Are you sure? What kind of router?
You must have some kind of router or something to convert the T1 to ethernet. Most routers have a DHCP server built in. Even without DHCP, set the linksys for a static lan ip & gateway and it should work fine. Check one of the computers on the network to get the gateway and subnet, and ping some lan addresses to find one that's not being used.
Hello.

Its actually an ADTRAN product that functions as both a Chanel bank and as a router. The T1 in use has flexible bandwidth between data and another VOIP product by the phone company.

Even when the VOIP product is 100% in use, there is always at least 1 Mbps available for data. I wonder if any of these factors might of been causing a conflict?

I should also point out that I did not enter the values while I was on the actual network that I'm trying to use.

I basically configured it from my a friend's house and then took it to the network location. Do you think it would of lost the settings without power for a day?

Thanks.
That's your problem. You have to set up the with the gateway/subnetmask/ip scheme of the location.

As Junkman said, get the ip address of one of the pc's. The easiest way to do this is type ipconfig from a command prompt. You'll see the gateway, ip address, subnet displayed. Come up with an IP address that is not being used and put it into the linksys.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help