atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: deidson Phantom phone number - 05/18/01 02:35 PM
We have a Telrad Digital 400 and I need to have a phantom phone number that my telco will have an 800 number pointed to. The telco side is all set up, but how do I create a phantom phone????????

Thanks for your help in advance!
Posted By: dtmf Re: Phantom phone number - 05/18/01 03:51 PM
deidson
Is your 800 a stand alone or do you have it coming in on one of your local CO's ? If you assign a trunk port to your phones without dial tone it will not work.
I would suggest you have your 800 company point it to one of your locals.Or is it on a T1. I need a little more info to help as there are several different ways to set it up.
dtmf
Posted By: deidson Re: Phantom phone number - 05/18/01 04:11 PM
It comes in over our DID trunks. We have a range of 300 DID's. The 800 number points to one of those DID's.

Thanks.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Phantom phone number - 05/18/01 05:59 PM
Go into your DID program and assign that DID number to the Recpt. station , then she can transfer it to who ever. You can assign it to your VM for after hours. You can also rout it to an ACD group so it can hunt to several stations until it's answered.
By the way you do have a laptop to program it with don't you? Its a must.
Hope this helps
dtmf
Posted By: deidson Re: Phantom phone number - 05/21/01 05:18 PM
There is no phone or physical port assigned to this port. Will that cause a problem with this system? I just want it to be a virual mailbox. Thanks again.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Phantom phone number - 05/21/01 05:46 PM
Ok with your last post I think I know what you want to do. Yes you can assign it to a port with nothing hooked up to it, be sure to give whatever port you assign it to a voice mail box.
I hope this helps, If you have any questions you can find my number in my profile.
dtmf
Posted By: deidson Re: Phantom phone number - 05/21/01 05:52 PM
I appreciate your help. I figured it out. How do I change the number of rings before it goes to voicemail? Thanks again.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Phantom phone number - 05/21/01 06:53 PM
Thats in your voice mail programming.Auto Att. Parameters Programmig , Day and Night no answer rings.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help