atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rlmentz ATT - 11/18/08 01:51 PM
Is it possible to assign a 4 button set as an attendant? Or at least assign a night button to a regular extension. Seems like i have tried this in the past and it must be an ATT phone for the night to work.
Posted By: tony3866 Re: ATT - 11/18/08 02:39 PM
Yes. But you have to make it an answering position. I wouldn't suggest a 4-button set. I would at use a 16-button set. Reason being is because it not easy to take multiple calls on a 4-button set.
Posted By: rlmentz Re: ATT - 11/18/08 02:51 PM
Tony,
Thanks for the reply. To be honest, the att phone only servers the purpose to change the system into night mode. There is nobody that uses the phone otherwise. I am short of EX sets, and this is just a wasted phone. I have a 4 button phone that would serve as the attendant. Unless I can assign a night button to a regular position. I just finished trying, but after assigning NG to a button, it did nothing.
Posted By: tony3866 Re: ATT - 11/18/08 02:58 PM
Version of the system? you can assign the night key to any EXT you want.
Posted By: rlmentz Re: ATT - 11/18/08 03:25 PM
I believe its 7.22, without taking it out of the cabinet. telrad digital phones.
Posted By: tony3866 Re: ATT - 11/18/08 03:44 PM
You can check for the programming software.

But that’s ok for now.

You need to deprogram the ATT 1st in the ATT-1 Colum. Then reassign any EXT you want in the Answering Position Colum for ATT-1. Just make sure for trunks are assign to the proper ATT in private trunk features or DID Routing. Then put a NG button on that answering position set. You will probably have to make a new MAP for that EXT.
Posted By: rlmentz Re: ATT - 11/18/08 03:54 PM
Tony, thats exactly what i did, and it worked. After reading your first post about making it an answering position, I couldnt figure out what you were talking about. Messing around in the attendant setting screen, i saw the answering position and after trial and error finally got the attendant position to take the 4 button phone. Thanks so much for all your help. One quick question, does the system only allow one phone to have the NG assigned to it?
Posted By: tony3866 Re: ATT - 11/18/08 04:15 PM
Yes and No. You can have only one night key for each trunk. You can have four ATT. But only one ATT can control night service for each trunk. You can assign diffrent ATT for diffrent Trunks. Hope that make since.
Posted By: rlmentz Re: ATT - 11/19/08 05:57 AM
Trunks being the incoming lines correct? Grouped by a trunk DN (our case, 9 for outside lines).
Posted By: tony3866 Re: ATT - 11/19/08 10:47 AM
Yes outside lines.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help