atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chotchk Telrad Voicemail not working - 11/11/11 10:58 AM
Acquired an office that has Telrad system. All i've known is Avaya so definitely struggling a bit. Today the voicemail system on the Telrad quit. Not quite sure of the version. I am using emanager (3.0) to push/pull configs. System has an IPEX board that has an on-board hard drive for the voicemail which was swapped with a (supposedly good) mirror drive (2 different ones). Didn't work. Replaced the IPEX board itself trying both original and mirror drives. Still didn't work. Calls into voicemail at extension 2500 are met with a fast busy. Cannot access the vm admin console via browser either.

Anything else I can check? I am doing this remotely so I don't have physical access. If it means anything, the TVSE board quit responding about a month ago as well. Reseating didn't help that either.
Posted By: telephonegunner Re: Telrad Voicemail not working - 11/11/11 01:15 PM
I've never tried to mirror the drives, but I do know that the drives are keyed to the mac address on the IPEX, so if they don't have the correct license key, they will not run. You could probably see more of what is going on if you plug in a monitor and keyboard to the IPEX. The only way I know of to successfully replace a drive is to take a drive that has the same version software loaded on it and then restore your data base to the new drive, assumming you have a backup of your original drive.
You may not have a drive problem, using the monitor will tell you more.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Telrad Voicemail not working - 11/16/11 06:00 AM
The big question is do you have a backup of the voicemail? If not you have lost the license and will have to have it reissued by Telrad or T3. And depending on the software level you may be better off upgrading it to the latest 10.4 software and license.

As for the TVSe it can be sent to repair, and unless it's NER it should run about $750 to repair it.
Posted By: gregnone Re: Telrad Voicemail not working - 11/06/12 07:38 PM
I'm wondering if you had any luck with mirroring the drives. I want to be proactive and replace our drive (dated 2004), by using something like the program dd.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Greg
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help