atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: kirk3333 Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/07/03 04:00 AM
Added expansion card and 4 more phones to DK40i. Used programs 39 and 81 for line appearance and ringing. 3 phones work fine but one will not accept programming. I want to make sure I have port identified correctly. How do I do that? Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kirk
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/07/03 12:06 PM
Did you do program 03 and reset the system when you added the card?
Posted By: kirk3333 Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/07/03 01:02 PM
No, i did not.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/07/03 04:32 PM
Program 03 is where you add the card to the system and you have to reset for it to take effect.
You can identify that digital port by connecting a display phone to it. Then press intercom, # (pound key),402. The port will display on the phone.
Posted By: kirk3333 Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/08/03 04:08 AM
Thank you for the information and suggestions. I will try this weekend and let you know of outcome.
Posted By: kirk3333 Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/11/03 12:02 PM
After running program 03, I still cannot get this one phone to accept the programming. It still has intercom dialtone but no external dialtone for additional 6 lines. I plugged display phone in to port and it is displaying time, date, and station number 19. The port # is 009. I have used program 39 and 81 for line appearance and ringing. Is there a "soft initialize" that does not erase all of your data? Is it program 91-9? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Kirk
Posted By: martin Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/11/03 02:40 PM
have you checked 39?
Posted By: kirk3333 Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/12/03 04:25 AM
Yes. This is how I ran 39:

*#*#1*2*3 - Spkr39Hold - Spkr009*011 # LED Hold - Spkr##Hold - Spkr##Hold

I am configuring a 10 button phone with 6 lines with Spd dial button and DND button.
I used code 498 for DND and 497 for Spd Dial. Used 001-006 for phone lines.

Program 81:

*#*#1*2*3 - Spkr81Hold - Spkr (port# i.e. 009) # LED Hold - Spkr##Hold - Spkr##Hold

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Kirk
Let's be constructive not negative.

Thank you
Site Admin

[This message has been edited by guru (edited August 14, 2003).]
Posted By: kirk3333 Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/12/03 11:14 AM
highfalcon1:
I purchased a manual and I have studied the manual. I have been maintaining this dk40i since April of this year, so I am a Toshiba newbie. You may not remember, but I bet you were a "newbie" at one time.

I have received some great help from Martin and SSPhone, and many other contributors to this forum and I thank them very much. I think it is commendable that they take the time to help Toshiba newbies like me.
I have also hired a tech from a company listed on this site to come out when I was too busy or did not understand how to program a feature.

All I am asking for is help because I have other systems I maintain and cannot spend all of my time or budget on the Toshiba unit I inherited when we bought this office.

If there is anyone out there who has a positive suggestion or idea, I would be very appreciative.
Thanks,
kirk3333
Posted By: kenthia Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/12/03 12:57 PM
Not sure of the program number, but there is a program that tells the system what type of phone is on the port. Make sure that it's a 10-button set. Also, I seem to recall that when I added an expansion to a DK40, the new ports started with 012, not the logical 009. I would also try doing programs 39 and 81 using just one port, rather than a range of ports. Just a thought. Good luck.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/12/03 05:24 PM
What kind of card did you add to the system and in what slot in the expansion cabinet?
Posted By: kirk3333 Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/12/03 05:45 PM
DKCU card. I don't remember the slot number right off hand, but it is top of expansion cabinet, back slot.

Can't you add 4 phones per DKCU card? 3 are working fine, it is just this one phone that won't program.
If the phone automatically picked up port 009, how do I manually change port number?
Kirk333, some of the program numbers, like program 81 for example, button 1 on the programming phone represents port 0 and NOT port 1. You may be off by one in programming. Knowing this, please recheck your programming. The fact that the phone in question gives you intercom dialtone tells me that it is a valid digital port.
Posted By: kirk3333 Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/19/03 10:37 AM
I have tried everything recommended in previous posts to no avail. It looks like there is some restriction for this station to place external calls. The lines are on the phone; they ring, you can answer the phone. You can call another station using the intercom, you can use DND feature I programmed; but you cannot pick up phone, press LED buttons 1-6, and hear a dialtone. I have checked programming, wiring , and hardware. Any ideas? I thought about replacing the DKCU card. I have reset it using program 3 and 91-2 to simulate power off. What do you think?
Posted By: SHIABED Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/19/03 02:08 PM
access has been denied to that port..

check the program for line access...
In prog 40 for that station, turn on all LEDs. In prog 41, turn off all LEDs.
Posted By: WhiteStar Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/19/03 05:15 PM
I came accross this problem the other day and I checked everything I could think of spent almost 2 hours gave up marked the port as bad moved phone to new port took some asprin and went home [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Have you tried swaping cards arround thats about the only thing i didn't try my customer would not let me take the phone system down

[This message has been edited by WhiteStar (edited August 19, 2003).]
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/19/03 05:38 PM
SHIABED
Mitch is that you?
Again
Posted By: SHIABED Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/19/03 05:44 PM
who
Posted By: martin Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/20/03 07:50 AM
kirk
are you using 20 button lcd for programming?
if so what does it tell you for the individual CO line buttons in 39? also intercom #7001-7006 to pkup co lines. see what that tells you.
Posted By: kirk3333 Re: Identify port numbers on Strata DK40i - 08/22/03 05:51 AM
Problem finally resolved. Many thanks to all who replied with suggestions. You guys are the greatest!
Special thanks to phonemeister and martin for suggestions on program 41 and "intercom #7001-7006. Found that lines were showing "busy". Using prog 41, I was able to remove call restrictions from those CO's. You guys saved my butt, big time.
Thanks, kirk3333
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help