atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Cindy DKT2020-SD ring tone - 03/25/04 11:36 AM
We have a DKT2020-SD system. Is there a way to have a different sounding ring at 3 different phones? When we're away from our desk, we'd like to know if it's our phone or another employee's that is ringing. We want our own ring tones. Thanks!!
Posted By: phonemeister Re: DKT2020-SD ring tone - 03/26/04 09:32 AM
I believe it's in system program no. 80. And I think you can have only 4 different ring tones. You cannot change the internal or intercom ring tone.
Posted By: Cindy Re: DKT2020-SD ring tone - 03/26/04 11:00 AM
Thanks for your reply! Any idea how I get into "system program no. 80" to change the ring tone? Much appreciated.
Posted By: paul144 Re: DKT2020-SD ring tone - 03/26/04 11:08 AM
First, you need to know what kind of system you have. The 2020SD is the model number of the telephone. Go to the main telephone control cabinet and look for a model number. It should be something like "DKSUB280A" or "DKSUB16A", etc...
Then I would recommend getiing a manual.
Toshiba programming is not simple.
If you can get one of the Toshiba Gurus from this site, like SSphone or Martin, on the telephone, they could probably walk you through it in a few minutes. It will probably cost a little bit, but, if you have ever tried to read and understand a programming manual, you will realize that having a pro to help is well worth a few bucks.

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited March 26, 2004).]
Posted By: Cindy Re: DKT2020-SD ring tone - 03/26/04 11:21 AM
Thanks for your suggestions. The phone system is DKSUB40A. (I was hoping it would be as simple as changing the ringer on our home phone.) We have User Guides for the system, but no programming manual here. It's not important enough to spend money on...thought it would just be a matter of pushing a couple buttons on each phone to choose the ringer sound.
Posted By: martin Re: DKT2020-SD ring tone - 03/28/04 05:30 AM
the way the distinctive ringing used to work was. you could choose different ringing for different lines as opposed(spell checker has expired.) to different stations.
m
Posted By: SSPhone Re: DKT2020-SD ring tone - 03/28/04 04:18 PM
martin
Toshiba changed that to the station on the DK product line. I have had many customers asked for it by line. Also the 3 ring choises are not that different anyway.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help