atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: martin forward off site - 07/07/04 02:56 PM
am upgrading a dk424 to c/d processor and did,s. i know we have talked about this before maybe some of the new guys have done this. i need to be able to forward outside to home,cell phones etc. anybody successfully done this with toshiba? i,m thinking i may need somthing other than strategy.
m
aomin how is your install working?

[This message has been edited by martin (edited July 07, 2004).]
Posted By: aomin Re: forward off site - 07/08/04 06:19 AM
martin,
I finally beat the problem by installing an old dig. announcer I had laying around. If you don't have one you can get one from ebay pretty cheap. I paid $35 for mine last year.

All of the incoming calls here come in via centrex lines from the telco and have call forwarding features. The users DKT is forwarded to the announcer and the announcer informs the caller that the call is being forwarded. The announcer then flashes and performs a #45 then 2 pauses then dials the number and hangs up. The call transfers smoother than a babies bottom and you don't tie up lines to do it. If you use an Interalia announcer, my string looks like this (#45@@XXXXXXX--).

The only downside to this is that inside callers don't access the CO line when calling DKT to DKT so inside users have to know the persons cell #.

An additional upside is that this user has an "unpublished" extension. So "unknown" callers can be screened by his secretary, if the secretary knows he is off premise and wants to send the call to him, he/she just transfers it to his station and he gets it on his cell.

Thanks again to phonemeister for providing the solution to this. :-)

[This message has been edited by aomin (edited July 08, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by aomin (edited July 08, 2004).]
Posted By: SSPhone Re: forward off site - 07/08/04 07:16 AM
Are you trying to external call forward from the system (phone) or from the mailbox for the phone?
IE: you have reached my mailbox if you would like to call my cell press 1 or wait to leave me a message.
And are there centrex lines? and you are using a Stratagy?
Also you have mail
Posted By: aomin Re: forward off site - 07/08/04 07:33 AM
SSPhone,

hmmmmm, you just gave me some interesting ideas for enhancing my setup. I too will have to explore those options. :-)

Providence to martin, hope this goes smoothly for you. :-)
Posted By: martin Re: forward off site - 07/08/04 07:52 AM
thanks for the quick reply guys
the sys has a lingo at this time(4 port)
with about 75-80 user(some have mailbox w/
no extensions they work offsite for the most part) the plan is to upgrade to c/d processor
and install did. i am certfied in stratagy
so if i could get the tosh voice mail to do this that would be a leg up.(a stratagyDK would be real clean). would i necessarily need an interalia call announcer?
m
Posted By: aomin Re: forward off site - 07/08/04 08:20 AM
martin,
It would appear that your setup is much bigger than mine. The announcer is probably not realistic. From what I have read here Strategy is much more versatile than my contact setup. I would have used contact to do this but it won't do the transfer string for outside callers.

Perhaps that string can be of use in a Strategy mailbox?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: forward off site - 07/08/04 08:25 AM
Martin, what type of trunks do you have? Analog DIDs, T1, any centrex lines?
Posted By: martin Re: forward off site - 07/08/04 10:46 AM
phonemeister
job is still in the formative stages. they have existing centrex lines. could go analog or t-1 at this point. do you think stratagy is an option? were talking 75-80 extensions
m
ps ssphone did you get my mail back
[This message has been edited by martin (edited July 08, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by martin (edited July 08, 2004).]
Posted By: phonemeister Re: forward off site - 07/08/04 01:45 PM
The centrex transfer works best because there is little or no volume loss and it doesn't tie up any trunks. Offsite transfer on a T1 would require a trunk to trunk transfer and there may be some volume loss but usually still acceptable. A trunk to trunk transfer on analog trunks usually has noticable volume loss. Either way a Stratagy will be able to perform both.
Posted By: martin Re: forward off site - 07/09/04 07:25 AM
thanks for the help you guys
phonmeister i know the system is capable of this however how much is required of the user
this particular type of customer seems to need a very simple method(enabling the forwarding) if you get my drift
m
Posted By: phonemeister Re: forward off site - 07/09/04 08:42 AM
Calls made to your DID number can be call forwarded externally by either dialing a code or pushing a programmed button after storing the phone number in speed dial bin 49 on a c/d processor. However, any calls transferred to your extension from another extension including voicemail will not follow the call forward external. In this case you can have the voicemail do a trunk to trunk transfer. What you can do is program the mailbox so that if the caller presses 1 while hearing the user's greeting it will send the caller to another mailbox that will perform the trunk to trunk transfer. The mailbox user can switch to a greeting that prompts the caller to press 1 or to a greeting that doesn't mention pressing 1. On a Stratagy the mailbox user has up to 7 greetings to choose from.
Posted By: Shawnw Re: forward off site - 07/15/04 06:02 PM
I have thought about doing this we have Analog lines here using a Toshiba Strata dk-280 would the above methods work with this phone system. Also we are changeing carriers and will be using centrex 21 lines does this make do the forwarding easyier?

I am more of a computer IT person then a phone person.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: forward off site - 07/16/04 12:09 AM
Yes.
Posted By: martin Re: forward off site - 08/03/04 02:07 PM
ok taking a poll
i know there are some systems out there that
if the user lights a button, calls going to their extensions are automatically transferred out. do you guys work with any that do? i probabley should post this on the general pg.
m
Posted By: phonemeister Re: forward off site - 08/03/04 04:29 PM
The DK does that but doesn't work with calls transferred to your phone or called internally. The CTX on the other hand will forward externally even on a no-answer.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help