atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a model DKT2020-SD. I have 6 lines that all have different phones numbers. At night I call forward (through Telus) line 1 to a dispatch cell phone. Line 6 has voice mail and 2,3,4,and 5 do not. Is it possible when line 2,3,4,or 5 ring that they can jump right to line 6 (which has voice mail)instead of just ringing. I need this function only for after hours.
Problem 2- Can I beep a persons extension to let them know that there is a call waiting. Instead of just calling and interupting. eg.. I beep and they have to pick up their phone.Maybe we should just have voice mail for each person
Posted By: Voyager Re: call forwarding and message forwarding - 01/18/05 03:20 PM
#1 Are lines 2, 3, 4, & 5 part of a Rotary group with line 1? In other words, if line 1 is busy, will a call to line 1 ring in on line 2? If that is the case, then l2-5 will never ring when line 1 is forwarded to dispatch. (unless you dial that number directly)

#2 you can make that persons msg lite flash, so when they press it, it will call your phone (or whoever made it flash), #63XXX turns it on and #64XXX turns it off if you want to cancel it before he presses it. Thats one solution. The other is to install a Stratagy Voice Mail!
1. I think you're looking for program 87 to have lines 2-5 ring to voicemail.
2. You can dial the extension followed by a 1 to switch to ringing mode.
Posted By: martin Re: call forwarding and message forwarding - 01/19/05 05:26 AM
alberta
o you have your own vm? or is it off premise
at the phone provider?
m
Hi!! Problem 2 is solved. THANK YOU!!!
Problem 1 however....
The phone model is a DK20 but the main board is a DK40. Not sure if this makes a difference. Lines 2,3,4, and 5 are not on rotary dial. They all have seperate numbers and line 6 has off premise voice mail.
Is this system compatiable with line hunting. So after hours when line 2 rings it automatically goes to voice mail. Current if someone calls and line 2 is busy it goes to the next line (even though the phone numbers are different).
I'm not sure what program 87 is??
Posted By: Voyager Re: call forwarding and message forwarding - 01/20/05 09:11 AM
Please complete your profile. Sounds like you are getting in a little over your head.

If line 2 is busy and the call comes in on line 3, then you do in fact have a rotary group. Lines in rotary all have their own individual phone numbers. Its a safe bet that lines 1-6 are in a rotary group. That programming is a function of your local TELCO. The only time line 6 would ring (and goto Voice Mail) is when lines 1-5 are already busy.

As for programming beyond this, you best contact a moderator. Telephone support can be very cost effective. What is your time worth??
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help