web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a model DKT2020-SD. I have 6 lines that all have different phones numbers. At night I call forward (through Telus) line 1 to a dispatch cell phone. Line 6 has voice mail and 2,3,4,and 5 do not. Is it possible when line 2,3,4,or 5 ring that they can jump right to line 6 (which has voice mail)instead of just ringing. I need this function only for after hours.
Problem 2- Can I beep a persons extension to let them know that there is a call waiting. Instead of just calling and interupting. eg.. I beep and they have to pick up their phone.Maybe we should just have voice mail for each person

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
#1 Are lines 2, 3, 4, & 5 part of a Rotary group with line 1? In other words, if line 1 is busy, will a call to line 1 ring in on line 2? If that is the case, then l2-5 will never ring when line 1 is forwarded to dispatch. (unless you dial that number directly)

#2 you can make that persons msg lite flash, so when they press it, it will call your phone (or whoever made it flash), #63XXX turns it on and #64XXX turns it off if you want to cancel it before he presses it. Thats one solution. The other is to install a Stratagy Voice Mail!

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
1. I think you're looking for program 87 to have lines 2-5 ring to voicemail.
2. You can dial the extension followed by a 1 to switch to ringing mode.

alberta
o you have your own vm? or is it off premise
at the phone provider?
m

OP Offline
Hi!! Problem 2 is solved. THANK YOU!!!
Problem 1 however....
The phone model is a DK20 but the main board is a DK40. Not sure if this makes a difference. Lines 2,3,4, and 5 are not on rotary dial. They all have seperate numbers and line 6 has off premise voice mail.
Is this system compatiable with line hunting. So after hours when line 2 rings it automatically goes to voice mail. Current if someone calls and line 2 is busy it goes to the next line (even though the phone numbers are different).
I'm not sure what program 87 is??

Please complete your profile. Sounds like you are getting in a little over your head.

If line 2 is busy and the call comes in on line 3, then you do in fact have a rotary group. Lines in rotary all have their own individual phone numbers. Its a safe bet that lines 1-6 are in a rotary group. That programming is a function of your local TELCO. The only time line 6 would ring (and goto Voice Mail) is when lines 1-5 are already busy.

As for programming beyond this, you best contact a moderator. Telephone support can be very cost effective. What is your time worth??

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024