atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: GHarman Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/08/05 04:17 AM
We recently purchased a Toshiba Stratagy, the admin software and cable. Since this unit was refurbished i used the admin cable to a plug and play installation, now the when someone calls and i assign Program 81 to forward calls to the VM ports it answers and then hangs up from the admin software i see dial on the port then FATAL, then IDLE. PLEASE HELP!!! I have spent all night trying to figure this one out.

Greg
Posted By: Voyager Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/08/05 04:28 AM
Wow, I have never seen the word FATAL show up. You shouldn't see DIAL, it should say
RING, then GREETING.....

First, nevermind program 81 (for testing anyway). What extension numbers are you using for your VM ports? Dial each port individually. Same errors?

Check the mailboxes.....In system configuration, make sure all ports are answered by MB 990. Make sure there IS a MB 990. In 990 DND should be on and 991 in the DONE CHAIN field. Make sure there are greetings recorded in 990 and 991.

Then make sure there is a MB 991. DND is on and 0 in the DONE CHAIN field.

Let me know.

Please complete your profile -- e-mail, etc.

------------------
fingerlakestelecom.net

[This message has been edited by Voyager (edited April 08, 2005).]
Posted By: GHarman Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/08/05 04:55 AM
Voyager

You are my hero, I cant belive it was something so simple, I dont know how maybe the previous company had this setup but the primary answer mailbox on all ports was 900, mailbox 900 does not exists. Changed it to 990 on all ports rebooted, waited, waited, waited (long boot time on that unit). It came back up and all is working.

Two things that are just curosity:

1. Should i be using a Linear Hunt Group or Distrabuted hunt group for VM ports?

2. How can i setup a second MSG light on a phone?

For example a User is assigned the operator ext. 200. I want Mailbox 200 to be the users personal mailbox and i want create a general system message mailbox at mailbox 300 and alert the user using a flashing light when there is messages waiting for them in the general mailbox. I would also like them to be able to press the button and retrieve the messages.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you again Voyager
Posted By: Toshiba Bob Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/08/05 05:18 AM
Use a DHG if software allows(DK280)

I want Mailbox 200 to be the users personal mailbox and i want create a general system message mailbox at mailbox 300 and alert the user using a flashing light when there is messages waiting for them in the general mailbox. I would also like them to be able to press the button and retrieve the messages.

I setup 200 w/ personal mbx and create a mailbox only, in DND, and setup the GD msg to have it copy to mailbox 200. make sure you set 300 not to take msg's...don't worry if you have the copy to 200 set it will put the msg in 200's mbx and when she goes into check it will tell her if it came from her mbx or the GD mbx.
Posted By: Voyager Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/08/05 05:25 AM
GH - PLEASE complete your profile - you won't get much more help her if you don't. - Thanks

Use Designated hunt group. (Prog. *40)

If you want to keep the two mailboxes separate, Go to Prog *04 and change PhDN 500 to be extn. 0. Create PhDN 500 on the phone, and put a PhDN MSG button on the phone with it. There should already be a mailbox 0. Make sure message notification is enabled in MB 0 (its not, by default). Now leave a msg in 0 and watch the light light. Don't forget to ID the PhDN with #6560# and #6570#.

Dan

------------------
fingerlakestelecom.net

[This message has been edited by Voyager (edited April 08, 2005).]
Posted By: GHarman Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/08/05 06:00 AM
I will try these suggestions.

Voyager -- What more would you like me to complete? I dont have an ICQ #. I can add our company homepage?

Greg
Posted By: Voyager Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/08/05 06:05 AM
Most importantly.....your E-MAIL!!

Home page is also important.

Thanks

------------------
fingerlakestelecom.net
Posted By: GHarman Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/08/05 06:07 AM
I updated my profile. Is this to your satsifaction?
Posted By: Voyager Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/08/05 08:13 AM
You're a good boy. Mommy should be proud [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

------------------
fingerlakestelecom.net
Posted By: GHarman Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/08/05 08:32 AM
Ok,

Now that we have the profile squared away. Program *04 deals with Distrabuted Hunt Groups not Phantom Directories. I assume for Phanton Directories you would assign ownership no? So if assign PhDN to UserID 200 and put a button there to access PhDn 500 what else needs to be done?

Sorry you lost me though.

I got that stratagy system all setup the Message Lights wont come on though.

Greg
Posted By: GHarman Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/11/05 03:27 AM
Anyone out there? I have most of the Stratagy DK setup. It has so eratic behavior. I cannot get the DSS busy to work properly so I disabled it for now.

When you call in the night or day AA and press ext ### it does not ring the ext it simply goes to the persons voicemail.

Any ideas?
Posted By: Telephonyman Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/11/05 04:09 AM
On the PHDN 500 you need to assign a PHDN MSG key on the phone. 423-426 & on the owner of the PHDN.

The dialing directly to the users greeting is probably that each Mbx has an Auto Scheduler set to goto DND at a time. "If a Mbx has DND set ...it never rings the phone, it goes straight to the greeting."

Also check the setup for each Mbx to make sure the Message Light ON and Off are set up correctly. I will assume you setup the VM/DHG correctly too! If you can go off-hook and light a Msg lite on a phone then the KSU/system programming is correct and look to the Stratagy.

Are you sure that none of the msg lites work call a phone internally and press the message key to see if it lites on the phone being called.

[This message has been edited by Telephonyman (edited April 11, 2005).]
Posted By: GHarman Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/11/05 04:45 AM
--I checked the DND Schdueles and there is nothing every line is disabled.

--I can set Message lights but i still cannot get the Stratagy to set the message lights.

-- I am working on the 2nd message light i will let you know how it turns out.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Telephonyman:
On the PHDN 500 you need to assign a PHDN MSG key on the phone. 423-426 & on the owner of the PHDN.

The dialing directly to the users greeting is probably that each Mbx has an Auto Scheduler set to goto DND at a time. "If a Mbx has DND set ...it never rings the phone, it goes straight to the greeting."

Also check the setup for each Mbx to make sure the Message Light ON and Off are set up correctly. I will assume you setup the VM/DHG correctly too! If you can go off-hook and light a Msg lite on a phone then the KSU/system programming is correct and look to the Stratagy.

Are you sure that none of the msg lites work call a phone internally and press the message key to see if it lites on the phone being called.

</font>
Posted By: GHarman Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/11/05 06:19 AM
I just tried to enable Program 35 Led's 1-4 because i cannot leave a MSG Waiting on some stations can you tell me which program and which leds control this?

Greg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Telephonyman:

</font>
Posted By: Toshiba Bob Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/11/05 07:23 AM
Program 35 - LED 04

Also make sure that in Program 31 LED's 4,5,9,&15-20 are on for VM to work properly

Pgm 10-2 LED 4 is ON. Pgm 13 is filled out.
Pgm 15 0,3,&5 are on for all Co lines.
Pgm 30 LED 12 for the VM ports is ON.
Pgm *34 Led 01 is OFF for VM ports.
Pgm *40 for your DHG

I think thats all.
Posted By: GHarman Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/11/05 08:32 AM
Ok i did all that all the station message lights now can be lit. The voicemail however does not light them its a DK280 with a Stratagy DK voicemail. I have one Phantom Directory setup 500 and i have the owner set to 200, and there is a message waiting light on the phone 423 which is the lowest Phantom Directory number assigned. I cannot send a message using #63 though.

I have also noticed the voicemail does not ring the ext when it transfer calls it just waits and goes to voicemail. I dont know if the two are related but they are both a pain in the butt.

Greg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Toshiba Bob:
Program 35 - LED 04

Also make sure that in Program 31 LED's 4,5,9,&15-20 are on for VM to work properly

Pgm 10-2 LED 4 is ON. Pgm 13 is filled out.
Pgm 15 0,3,&5 are on for all Co lines.
Pgm 30 LED 12 for the VM ports is ON.
Pgm *34 Led 01 is OFF for VM ports.
Pgm *40 for your DHG

I think thats all.
</font>
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/11/05 10:07 AM
Don't forget program 13 for the message waiting center. Make sure that the message lamp notification templates in the Stratagy are enabled.
Posted By: GHarman Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/11/05 10:41 AM
Program 13 is set properly. The strategy has the them enabled whats the proper string format for msg light on and off on a dk280.

Greg

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phonemeister:
Don't forget program 13 for the message waiting center. Make sure that the message lamp notification templates in the Stratagy are enabled.</font>
Posted By: Toshiba Bob Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/11/05 12:59 PM
Let me ask you this....If you call, phone to phone does it ring or come over handsfree? If hands free then you've set your VM up to do supervised transfers and you need to change either it to send un supervised or change your phones to ring on intercom. pgm 10-1 LED 01 ON

[This message has been edited by Toshiba Bob (edited April 11, 2005).]
Posted By: GHarman Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/12/05 09:46 AM
It does indeed come over the handsfree. I would prefer to do non supervised transfers through the VM, i have heard on the Stratagy that you need to add an H after the extension number.

This stratagy seems to be acting wierd however i called the system last night when no one was here about 1 am, i dailed an extension and i was told this extension was busy even after turning off all of the options to tell the caller this extension is busy. I also still can not get it to light the message lights to save my life. Could this possibly be a bad unit or something?

Let me ask you this....If you call, phone to phone does it ring or come over handsfree? If hands free then you've set your VM up to do supervised transfers and you need to change either it to send un supervised or change your phones to ring on intercom. pgm 10-1 LED 01 ON

[This message has been edited by Toshiba Bob (edited April 11, 2005).]
</font>
Posted By: Toshiba Bob Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/12/05 11:58 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GHarman:
It does indeed come over the handsfree. I would prefer to do non supervised transfers through the VM, i have heard on the Stratagy that you need to add an H after the extension number.</font>

That is correct!

This stratagy seems to be acting wierd however i called the system last night when no one was here about 1 am, i dailed an extension and i was told this extension was busy even after turning off all of the options to tell the caller this extension is busy. I also still can not get it to light the message lights to save my life. Could this possibly be a bad unit or something?

</font>

Was the phone in DND?

Goto the Dial string for msg waiting on/off and let me know what all the exact setting are.

[This message has been edited by Toshiba Bob (edited April 12, 2005).]

Posted By: GHarman Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/12/05 01:33 PM
Msg ON W<5, T>#63%U- Type = Normal
Msg ON W<5, T>#64%U- Type = PickUp

I put H and will try that later tonight.

Greg

It does indeed come over the handsfree. I would prefer to do non supervised transfers through the VM, i have heard on the Stratagy that you need to add an H after the extension number.

</font>
Posted By: GHarman Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/12/05 02:40 PM
I put the H with no space after the extension number and called the VM dailed the extension it says please hold trys to perform the transfer and hangs up? Whats going on?

Msg ON W<5, T>#63%U- Type = Normal
Msg ON W<5, T>#64%U- Type = PickUp

I put H and will try that later tonight.

Greg

</font>
Posted By: GHarman Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/18/05 01:13 PM
Any update on these strings, i need to get this working.

Greg

Was the phone in DND?

Goto the Dial string for msg waiting on/off and let me know what all the exact setting are.

</font>
Posted By: Voyager Re: Strata Stratagy Problems - 04/18/05 03:52 PM
Greg - You've got mail

------------------
fingerlakestelecom.net
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help