web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#180079 04/08/05 12:17 AM
GHarman Offline OP
OP Offline
We recently purchased a Toshiba Stratagy, the admin software and cable. Since this unit was refurbished i used the admin cable to a plug and play installation, now the when someone calls and i assign Program 81 to forward calls to the VM ports it answers and then hangs up from the admin software i see dial on the port then FATAL, then IDLE. PLEASE HELP!!! I have spent all night trying to figure this one out.

Greg

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Wow, I have never seen the word FATAL show up. You shouldn't see DIAL, it should say
RING, then GREETING.....

First, nevermind program 81 (for testing anyway). What extension numbers are you using for your VM ports? Dial each port individually. Same errors?

Check the mailboxes.....In system configuration, make sure all ports are answered by MB 990. Make sure there IS a MB 990. In 990 DND should be on and 991 in the DONE CHAIN field. Make sure there are greetings recorded in 990 and 991.

Then make sure there is a MB 991. DND is on and 0 in the DONE CHAIN field.

Let me know.

Please complete your profile -- e-mail, etc.

------------------
fingerlakestelecom.net

[This message has been edited by Voyager (edited April 08, 2005).]

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
GHarman Offline OP
OP Offline
Voyager

You are my hero, I cant belive it was something so simple, I dont know how maybe the previous company had this setup but the primary answer mailbox on all ports was 900, mailbox 900 does not exists. Changed it to 990 on all ports rebooted, waited, waited, waited (long boot time on that unit). It came back up and all is working.

Two things that are just curosity:

1. Should i be using a Linear Hunt Group or Distrabuted hunt group for VM ports?

2. How can i setup a second MSG light on a phone?

For example a User is assigned the operator ext. 200. I want Mailbox 200 to be the users personal mailbox and i want create a general system message mailbox at mailbox 300 and alert the user using a flashing light when there is messages waiting for them in the general mailbox. I would also like them to be able to press the button and retrieve the messages.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you again Voyager

Use a DHG if software allows(DK280)

I want Mailbox 200 to be the users personal mailbox and i want create a general system message mailbox at mailbox 300 and alert the user using a flashing light when there is messages waiting for them in the general mailbox. I would also like them to be able to press the button and retrieve the messages.

I setup 200 w/ personal mbx and create a mailbox only, in DND, and setup the GD msg to have it copy to mailbox 200. make sure you set 300 not to take msg's...don't worry if you have the copy to 200 set it will put the msg in 200's mbx and when she goes into check it will tell her if it came from her mbx or the GD mbx.

GH - PLEASE complete your profile - you won't get much more help her if you don't. - Thanks

Use Designated hunt group. (Prog. *40)

If you want to keep the two mailboxes separate, Go to Prog *04 and change PhDN 500 to be extn. 0. Create PhDN 500 on the phone, and put a PhDN MSG button on the phone with it. There should already be a mailbox 0. Make sure message notification is enabled in MB 0 (its not, by default). Now leave a msg in 0 and watch the light light. Don't forget to ID the PhDN with #6560# and #6570#.

Dan

------------------
fingerlakestelecom.net

[This message has been edited by Voyager (edited April 08, 2005).]

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

GHarman Offline OP
OP Offline
I will try these suggestions.

Voyager -- What more would you like me to complete? I dont have an ICQ #. I can add our company homepage?

Greg

Most importantly.....your E-MAIL!!

Home page is also important.

Thanks

------------------
fingerlakestelecom.net

GHarman Offline OP
OP Offline
I updated my profile. Is this to your satsifaction?

You're a good boy. Mommy should be proud [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

------------------
fingerlakestelecom.net

GHarman Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok,

Now that we have the profile squared away. Program *04 deals with Distrabuted Hunt Groups not Phantom Directories. I assume for Phanton Directories you would assign ownership no? So if assign PhDN to UserID 200 and put a button there to access PhDn 500 what else needs to be done?

Sorry you lost me though.

I got that stratagy system all setup the Message Lights wont come on though.

Greg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,706 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Curlycord, JBean3329, mongo5150), 109 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024