atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JeffG Toshiba Cordless - 11/10/05 05:49 AM
Hello all,
Recently installed the newer toshiba cordless phones (forgeting the model number), and noticed that you"ll have to hit the buttons twice,(the 4 programable buttons) sometimes incoming calls wont flash, sometimes they do. Seems that the phones go in sleep mode.
Is everyone else getting these symptoms, is there any programing that can help this issue?
Tks in advance
Posted By: Amy DeBruyne Re: Toshiba Cordless - 11/10/05 07:04 AM
Do you have it programmed as a stand alone extension or is it mirroring a desktop phone? Is it on a DK or CTX/CIX?
Posted By: JeffG Re: Toshiba Cordless - 11/10/05 07:55 AM
Hey Amy,
It is a stand alone, on a dk40i.
Jeff
Posted By: Amy DeBruyne Re: Toshiba Cordless - 11/10/05 11:41 AM
Hi Jeff!

Have you tried changing the port it's on? Non of the desk top phones are acting this way are they? The other things that come to mind are: is the battery fully charged?; how far from the base is the phone?; how good is the reception?

These cordless phones will be affected by the same things that interfer with cell phone service (steel buildings, too far from base etc.)

Amy
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Toshiba Cordless - 11/10/05 11:45 PM
Amy may be on the right track. Are you letting the battery charge for the first 48 hours before using it?
Posted By: junkman Re: Toshiba Cordless - 11/11/05 06:14 PM
Try plugging a desk phone into that port. If it works ok, the problem is in the cordless unit and not the system or programming. I can't think of any programming that would make it act that way.

As said above, make sure the battery is charged (weekend would be good), and try it in the same room as the base unit. If it works in the same room but not elsewhere, you probably also have bad cell phone reception due to metal wall studs, metal building, or foil-backed sheathing.

You said you installed cordless phones, as in more than one? make sure the base units aren't any closer than 3 or 4 feet to each other. We had a problem with static, dropped calls, and other weird stuff, moved the bases further apart and the problems went away.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Toshiba Cordless - 11/11/05 06:27 PM
I think this is just a nature of the beast. I have 2 cordless one sharing a port and one not. Both go to sleep but once you reactivate its works no problem. Also if you ring the set it will work no problem. I think it's a battery saving idea.
Posted By: Telephonyman Re: Toshiba Cordless - 11/12/05 06:11 AM
Which Model is it? Some of them you can turn features off through coding.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help