atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jhoran DK Admin - 02/17/07 09:30 AM
I am trying to connect a PC to the DK 40 via the DK Admin software. I have found out that I needed a PPTC9 connector to connect from the serial port of the PC to the TTY port of the TSIU however the manual list the TTY port on the TSIU as being com one on the TSIU. This is another serial port. Not a 6 pin modular connector that I was told would be there. I am not sure what to do know am I reading something wrong in the manual. I can also send someone a picture to show what the unit and connections look like.
Thank You
John
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: DK Admin - 02/17/07 02:05 PM
If you are just wanting to do programing you are better off getting yourself a manual and programing it through the phone , with a 20 btn set
Posted By: jhoran Re: DK Admin - 02/18/07 12:19 PM
I actualy don't have the TSIU install in the DK 40. I have found someone to sell me the card he said all I have to do is power down the unit insert the card and restart the unit and that's it. When I opened up the cabnet to get a look at the card that I thought was the TSUI it has two serial port connections and a seagate notebook hard drive attached to it I am guessing this is something to do with the voicemail does anyone know what this is. I have two different disk but they have so many different manual for toshiba on them I am not sure which one it the correct one.
Posted By: Voyager Re: DK Admin - 02/18/07 07:00 PM
The TSIU is a small circuit board about 2" wide and 6" long. If you have a card with a Hard Drive, you have a Stratagy DK voice mail. That will go in the expansion cabinet if you have one.

The TSIU has 2 RJ11 mod jacks on it. Thats what you connect to with a 6-conductor line cord and PPTC-9.

Steve is right though. Its much easier to program that switch with a 20 btn LCD Phone.
Posted By: jjimm Re: DK Admin - 02/19/07 04:40 AM
I believe that would be a DK2020 or DK3020 set.
Posted By: Amy DeBruyne Re: DK Admin - 02/19/07 06:28 PM
If you are using DK Admin, you most likely need the dongle key to make it work.
Posted By: The phone Man Re: DK Admin - 02/19/07 07:47 PM
Yes Amy you need the togle key if you need one please let me know I have several of them. Call me or PM me and I will try to help you out.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: DK Admin - 02/20/07 04:58 AM
there is a new DK Admin out that you don't need the dongle anymore.
Posted By: jhoran Re: DK Admin - 02/20/07 07:11 AM
Do you know what version that is I just purchased a cd that contians the DK admin software I installed it and it makes no mention of the dongle. The disk I have is labled DK Strata Control Application for DK40 & DK424 Products Version 1.3.0
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: DK Admin - 02/20/07 10:25 AM
It is 4.3.3a , requires no dongle
Posted By: The phone Man Re: DK Admin - 02/20/07 11:17 AM
Hey Steve that is a new one on me I have always had to use the dongle key.
Posted By: jhoran Re: DK Admin - 02/20/07 11:23 AM
I am guessing that the Strata Control is not the same as DKAdmin. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the 4.3.3a DK Admin
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: DK Admin - 02/20/07 03:07 PM
it was dated 11/02/06 on there website
Posted By: The phone Man Re: DK Admin - 02/21/07 03:25 PM
Manuals Sent to jhoran
Posted By: Michael M Re: DK Admin - 11/25/08 01:51 PM
Is there still a version that does not require the hardware key? I have 4.3.3 installed I believe but I cannot get it to work. I can't even find keys for sale on e-bay and I have had no luch at all finding mine.

With the version I have there is a sentinal rainbow driver that seems to be set to query a parallel port.. But there obviously isnt a key on the port. If anyone has any information on where to find the updated software I would appreciate it.
Posted By: Voyager Re: DK Admin - 11/26/08 04:56 AM
Michael - You need to download it from Toshibas FYI site if you are a dealer.
Posted By: rxdeath Re: DK Admin - 12/09/08 12:10 PM
hello all, i've used the forum for information a lot, but just registered today. i have the version of dk admin that doesn't need the dongle and its labeled 4.3.3a if that helps. it took me forever to find and i thought it was vaporware but it does exist.
Posted By: cix noob Re: DK Admin - 12/10/08 08:51 PM
if you have a DK card then you do not need that dongle all you need is a null modem cable, but looking at the 1st post you are trying to connect to the DK 40 (KSU) not the V/M

if this is the case then connecting to the DK card isnt going to let you program the system (KSU) though i hear you can program a DK with a PC i have never been able to do it.

so steve and voyager are right your alot better off using a 20 button display phone to program the system with you can use any model 2000 are 3000 for this.
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: DK Admin - 12/10/08 10:29 PM
For small changes, a 20 button display phone is fast and easy.

If you are doing work on a system someone else set up, DKADMIN can be VERY helpful. You can breeze through programs like *71-*73 that would take FOREVER on the phone.

Putting in a long list of names is faster too, it all depends on what task you are doing to choose phone vrs. laptop.
Posted By: hdokes Re: DK Admin - 09/03/09 04:43 AM
Greetings,

I downloaded the 4.3.3 version of DKiAdmin from what I believe were xxxxxxxx links and installed the software. Upon initial startup of the software it immediately tells me the hardware key is not present and will not run.

Am I overlooking something? The software is installed on a Windows 7 tablet which I have been quite successful in loading other telco pbx software on.

I have a DK424 system that I have been asked to administrate and add two analog phones to with DID numbers to be assigned to them. Figured as I did not program this system it would be easier done through DKiAdmin rather than through a hand set.

Any suggestions?

PM Sent.......
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: DK Admin - 09/03/09 05:27 AM
Just get a manual and program through a phone , it will be alot easier
Posted By: MacOSX Re: DK Admin - 09/03/09 07:38 PM
x2 on what Steve said.

What you have described is very easy through the handset. You should get comfortable with that way if you plan on doing any future administration as well. The graphical user interface is more trouble than it's worth in most cases.
Posted By: NECIITech Re: DK Admin - 09/14/09 06:28 AM
I have found tha using HyperTerminal is a easy way of doing quick programming changes to the Strata systems.
Posted By: mj_wald Re: DK Admin - 09/14/09 08:45 AM
Ya, just can't do call forwarding, and names. :p
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help