atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jima CTX 670 PRI No Audible Ring - 06/23/07 10:36 AM
I work for a clec. We have a customer who has CTX 670 (no idea of s/w version) and reports that when calling out they do not hear an audible ring (ringback tone), but the calls do complete. Inbound works. Our D-Ch was checked for alerting control message. It's there. I don't think we could remove if we wanted. Anyway, I know on a PRI (Private Facility or EDSL trunk) the CPE provides both the local audible and power rings. We plan to dispatch again, but we cannot demonstrate or show anything more than the messaging...TBERD cannot emulate the audible ring. The installer seems reluctant to call tech support, although it has to be a setting. What can I tell the installer to check? Thank you.
Posted By: Amy DeBruyne Re: CTX 670 PRI No Audible Ring - 06/25/07 07:34 AM
It is my understanding that the PRI provider is th eone who provides the ring tone. I had this situation with Time Warner here in Rochester and they were the ones who had to "turn it on" or make it work. If I;m not mistaken there is no parameter withtin the phoen system for us to provide the ring tone with a PRI.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Posted By: alfee Re: CTX 670 PRI No Audible Ring - 06/26/07 12:43 AM
I'm seconding Amy.

But we did have a problem with "Caller Ring Tones" where the called mobile phone party, will play a tune instead of the normal ring back tone. The CTX couldn't get the tune, and it was just silent until the called party answered.

A software upgrade solved the issue.
Posted By: jima Re: CTX 670 PRI No Audible Ring - 08/29/07 02:41 PM
Sorry I never got back with what we eventually found, which was nothing. Customer requested us to dispatch. Equipment tech had already worked on it beofre we arrived. Our tech was told that everything was working now. We were not provided an explanation so I can't tell you what it was.
Posted By: Amy DeBruyne Re: CTX 670 PRI No Audible Ring - 08/31/07 07:00 AM
My guess is it was Telco and they fixed the issue. In my experience, if it is a Telco issue they will never admit it was their problem anyway!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help