Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#189932 06/23/07 06:36 AM
jima Offline OP
OP Offline
I work for a clec. We have a customer who has CTX 670 (no idea of s/w version) and reports that when calling out they do not hear an audible ring (ringback tone), but the calls do complete. Inbound works. Our D-Ch was checked for alerting control message. It's there. I don't think we could remove if we wanted. Anyway, I know on a PRI (Private Facility or EDSL trunk) the CPE provides both the local audible and power rings. We plan to dispatch again, but we cannot demonstrate or show anything more than the messaging...TBERD cannot emulate the audible ring. The installer seems reluctant to call tech support, although it has to be a setting. What can I tell the installer to check? Thank you.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It is my understanding that the PRI provider is th eone who provides the ring tone. I had this situation with Time Warner here in Rochester and they were the ones who had to "turn it on" or make it work. If I;m not mistaken there is no parameter withtin the phoen system for us to provide the ring tone with a PRI.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I'm seconding Amy.

But we did have a problem with "Caller Ring Tones" where the called mobile phone party, will play a tune instead of the normal ring back tone. The CTX couldn't get the tune, and it was just silent until the called party answered.

A software upgrade solved the issue.

- alfee -
jima Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry I never got back with what we eventually found, which was nothing. Customer requested us to dispatch. Equipment tech had already worked on it beofre we arrived. Our tech was told that everything was working now. We were not provided an explanation so I can't tell you what it was.

My guess is it was Telco and they fixed the issue. In my experience, if it is a Telco issue they will never admit it was their problem anyway!

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,623 Shoretel
189,512 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024