atcomsystems.ca/forum
Is there such thing as being able to log calls on this system, either as it sits or with add-on hardware? Looking for call volume mostly, in and out, not specifically with caller-id or such.
I'm an IT guy trying to help out with phone stuff at work, so no I don't really know what I'm talking about. smile

Thanks for any input.
SMDR is the feature your looking for but you will need sometype of call accounting program to collect the data as the 424i and 670 just spit out raw data thru a PIOU type card to a printer.
Sounds like more than I have the time to learn how to do. I know it's asking a lot, but can you give a rough estimate on cost, assuming we had somebody set it up? I know they have a bit budgeted to do it, but not sure if it's enough.
All you need for the 670 is a BSIS card. It is a sub-board that mounts on the Processor. You also need a PPTC-9 adapter to run a 6-conductor mod cord to a pc. Then you can use hyperterminal or a call accounting software package to collect the data.

Hyperterminal will just spit out the raw data. A call acct pkg. will allow you to manipulate that data and print usable reports.

Call your Toshiba vendor for pricing.
If you have an R4 processor, the SMDR can be sent via IP over your LAN without any additional hardware or licenses. However, if you are going to use a third-party call acounting software, make sure it supports IP SMDR.
Originally posted by phonemeister:
If you have an R4 processor, the SMDR can be sent via IP over your LAN without any additional hardware or licenses. However, if you are going to use a third-party call acounting software, make sure it supports IP SMDR.
To my knowledge the system isn't attached to our LAN in any way. How do I tell if I have an R4 processor?
2 ways....If you have access to eManager, it will tell you there. Otherwise, contact your vendor or a Moderator on this board and they may walk you thru programming manually in Prg. 901.
For the call accounting software, I like to use Ultimate, Good product, very detailed reporting.

www.uspnet.com
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help