atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: petersog what switch to use to hook Lipu card - 08/14/07 05:37 PM
Have tried 2 differnent switches D-Link(DES-1105)AND LINKSYS (EG005W) and both failed when I tried to ping the lipu card over the internet. When I have the phone in the switch with the lipu I have no problem. The way I have this configured is internet coming in (static Public ip address) into ParaDyne (6350-a4-200) dsl modem. Then split using one of the 2 above switches between the lipu card and the network. Have worked with Toshiba tech support and all programing was in order but the tech would not recomend a switch to use all he said "get a dumb switch". I have done this once before using a Bipu a few years back testing at this location (our office) and had no problem before I went to the customer. Thanks for your input!!
So do you have 2 public IP addresses...one for the LIPU and the other for the customer's network?
Posted By: petersog Re: what switch to use to hook Lipu card - 08/15/07 03:10 AM
no just 1
it aint gonna work. you will need to order another IP address from the provider.
Posted By: Voyager Re: what switch to use to hook Lipu card - 08/15/07 10:17 AM
They usually provide static IP's in blocks of 5. You may already have one available. Like TTT said, check with the provider.
Posted By: petersog Re: what switch to use to hook Lipu card - 08/17/07 04:32 AM
Thanks when I read TTT's post I knew what was wrong and talk to the client and found out he did have 4 other addresses that he wanted to use in the future. Took one of them and the phone came up. Thanks again all for your help
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help