atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Olivier Calls cutting off - 11/05/08 08:53 AM
Greets.

The company I work for is using Strata CTX/CIX as a phone system and we are having an issue that I have not found in these forums.

On some incoming calls (random it seems - I have not seen a pattern yet), the line seems to drop. The receptionist's phone is ringing, she answers, and the line just goes dead. It also happens occasionally on inside sales stations.

I'm not too sure on how to remedy to this issue.
We tried restarting the CTX but the problem still happens.

Have anyone ever seen this happening?

Thanks a lot.

CIX/CTX AR3.10 MK043.00 [IP]
eManager v4.20A11
Stratagy iES32 Admin 4.705
Stratagy iES32 Server version iES4.018.001
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Calls cutting off - 11/05/08 09:36 AM
What style of phones are you using ? Dkt-2000 series or 3000 series. There was a problem with the hook switchs on the 2000 series.You might try swapping the phone at the receptionist.
Posted By: Olivier Re: Calls cutting off - 11/05/08 10:27 AM
Thanks for the advice Steve, however, the receptionist's phone is a 3000 series (DKT3020-SD to be exact).

The person that replaces the receptionist when she's not at her desk has a DKT2020 and never had an issue with dropped calls.

I guess this takes us back to square one.
Posted By: moggey Re: Calls cutting off - 11/05/08 10:45 AM
What type of lines are connected to the system ?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Calls cutting off - 11/05/08 10:59 AM
Also, do incoming calls get answered by the auto attendant first?
Posted By: Olivier Re: Calls cutting off - 11/05/08 12:20 PM
moggey -> Answer to this is Digital.
We have analog for the fax lines, but all phone lines are on digital.

phonemeister -> No. All calls are answered manually by the receptionist. The auto attendant only kicks in after 5pm EST when we're closed.
Posted By: RRino Re: Calls cutting off - 11/05/08 01:48 PM
I think what moggey was asking, is what type of trunks do you have coming in to the system, ie. T1, PRI, POTS lines, etc.
Posted By: Olivier Re: Calls cutting off - 11/06/08 11:00 AM
Sorry, not familiar with phone systems.

What I know is that the the CTX is behind a Megalink connection managed by the provider, using Fiber Optics.

Looking in eManager, I did not see any specific setups in the T1 or the ISND PRI sections, so I would be inclined to answer POTS at this time. I will confirm with my Directors when he gets in on Monday, and will update.

Hoping this will help you guys some.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Calls cutting off - 11/06/08 10:41 PM
Do you have RDDU cards in the system?
Posted By: Olivier Re: Calls cutting off - 11/07/08 09:50 AM
From what I can see looking at the CTX, no BDDU cards.

BDKU1
BWDKU1
BSTU1
BIOU1
BTDU1
BIPU1
LIPUX1A
Plus the Stratagy system card.
Posted By: RRino Re: Calls cutting off - 11/07/08 11:15 AM
RDTU would be a T1, could be a timing issue. Just to rule it out, I would swap the receptionist phone with a known working phone and see it that takes care of the problem.
Posted By: Olivier Re: Calls cutting off - 11/07/08 11:20 AM
Originally posted by RRino:
RDTU would be a T1, could be a timing issue.
Huh? After reading my post over again, I can't see the RDTU you're talking about.

Phones are swapped - will update if it happens again... Should it be happening again, what would be the next step?
Posted By: Olivier Re: Calls cutting off - 11/11/08 01:20 PM
Confirmed with my Director, the trunks are PRI.
Ask the Megalink people to put a monitor on the circuit for a few days.

If the receptionist can note truck number and time of call it would help isolate the records. This could be circuit noise outside the fibre or a problem with the fibre, many places to look besides the CIX.
Posted By: Olivier Re: Calls cutting off - 11/12/08 07:22 AM
We have asked the receptionist to monitor and log the time it happens - we will then do a service call with the people that installed the CIX/CTX and see what they come up with.

I also have more information now on how this is setup.

The receptionist has 8 pool lines (digital - PRI).
Should all those lines be in use, we have 1 analog (POTS) that is used as an overflow.

It also happens every now and then that this line lights up and no one is calling on it, or the pool lines are not all used.

Will keep it coming as I get it.
Logging the trunk number and time will be helpful IF Megalink is monitoring the circuit, otherwise there may not be much info to gain.
Posted By: Olivier Re: Calls cutting off - 04/13/09 08:44 AM
Just thought I'd do a quick update on the situation.

The company I work for just moved to a new building and the CTX was moved along with it. Nothing was replaced, nothing was changed in the programming. The only difference between here and the old place is the wiring for the phones.

Since the move, there has been no issues with dropped calls.

The issue had to have been related to this as all the logs were sent to Toshiba and came up normal.

Thanks to those who replied to this thread, you have been helpfull to me.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help