atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jacksonf4 **SOLVED** Unable to change 990 greeting - 11/06/08 08:36 PM
Last week I installed a new Stratagy IVP8 on a CTX-100. I recorded all their greetings on site with no problem. Now the customer wants to record new greetings.

I logged into the 990 mailbox over the phone. I selected option 3 (to manage the mailbox). I selected option 1 (to change greeting). When I select 1, I immediately get the error "that was an invalid entry". Since I was able to record greetings before, I'm 99% sure I didn't change the maximum greeting length to to zero.

I'm able to change the greeting on mailbox 991. I'm also able to get into the admin mailbox 999. Is there anything I can remotely?

Since 990 is automatically set to go to 991 when done, could I just delete 990 and rebuild it? Will it still go to 991 automatically? I know I can't modify chains/groups over the phone.

Thanks...
So what happens if you instead record greeting 2?
Originally posted by phonemeister:
So what happens if you instead record greeting 2?
The problem is, I'm not getting that far. Before I'm even prompted to select a greeting, it won't let me get past "to change your greeting, press 1".

On a working mailbox, I press 1 to change it and I'm prompted to select greeting 1-7. Not on MB 990.
If you have a 990 greeting playing now you haven't set the max. greeting to Zero. It is playing your voice from 990 now, correct?

When you selection option 3, listen to each option and see if you can perform other options. I'm not positive you can delete and recreate 990 without a laptop on-site, it is that far to go over there?

Did you change the password on the laptop by any chance before recording a greeting?

Do you have a different 990 greeting set for day and night?
After I select option 3, I am able to perform all other options. I'm not sure if I changed the password prior to recording the greeting. I do not have a day/night greeting. I'm only using greeting 1.
Posted By: p2ii Re: **SOLVED** Unable to change 990 greeting - 11/07/08 10:51 AM
Go in and set the current greeting to "0" and make sure that max greeting time is a reasonable number..."60" for example. Now try to record again. If that doesn't work then you may have a corrupt mailbox. Delete it and create it again set to "done chain=991" "delay=0" and try again. What program did you use to administer the IVP?
Posted By: RRino Re: **SOLVED** Unable to change 990 greeting - 11/07/08 11:19 AM
I am thinking along the same lines as p2ii, you may have administered with the wrong software, thus corrupting the mailbox.
I used UADM 2.0. I've used it several times before and never had a problem.
**UPDATE**

I was able to dial into the Stratagy (first try, no less) and found that mailbox 990 had a maximum greeting length of 0 (Deet dee dee! ). Changed it to 45, logged in over the phone and I was able to change it.

Thanks for all who helped!
Posted By: fldiver Re: **SOLVED** Unable to change 990 greeting - 01/07/09 11:32 AM
what is the default password for box 990???
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help