atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: NECIITech Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/14/09 05:52 AM
I got the two taling using PRI-Qsig, no problem on the inter office dialing, now to get the asterisk to dial out using the toshiba's lines have proven to be a bit much for me.

Any suggestions or help please.
Posted By: p2ii Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/14/09 06:34 AM
What kind of issues are you having dialing out?
Posted By: NECIITech Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/14/09 06:40 AM
I don't get pass thrugh to the toshiba lines.

I have two PRIs on the toshiba on OTG 5, the Asterisk/Toshiba Qsig is on OTG10, when I dial 9 plus the phone number on the Asterisk, i can see the OTG 10 being grabbed but the call doesn't grab the OTG5 PRI lines.
Posted By: p2ii Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/14/09 07:05 AM
Digitrace or PRI Tracker will be most useful for seeing what is actually going. Are you sure you're passing all of the digits through from the * box? You will definitely need to monitor the "D" channel.
Posted By: NECIITech Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/14/09 08:02 AM
the * box shows the digits going out, the whole sequence, but then the call just sits there and eventually hangs up.
I have set up * to be Node 83 using Dial plan 2
then dial plan 2 uses two Digit mod.tables, 2 for extension to extension and 3 for external bypass, this is on the toshiba, now the * box the only thing on my dial plan is 9 and any digit after that to use the trunk group for the PRI-Qsig trunks.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/14/09 08:04 AM
Make sure Asterisk is adding a 9 before the phone number after accessing OLG 10.
Posted By: NECIITech Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/14/09 08:09 AM
It has, I don't remember if the CIX Has the Trunk to Trunk Transfer Enabled, and I don't remember where that setting is on the programming. However, I don't have any problems transfering an outside caller to an extension on the asterisk, there for I don't think the Trunk to trunk Trasfer may not be my problem.
Posted By: red_ron Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/14/09 08:47 AM
I don't know the Asterisk system, however it sounds like your treating the call from the Asterisk as if it were a TIE Line. If the CIX is programmed as QSIG. In the Asterisk add the NodeID of the CIX.
Say the NodeID of the CIX is 10, your LCR string the the Asterisk should be something like 109+Number Dialed.
This tells the CIX that it is accessing the system via QSIG and allows the far end system access to the LCR on the CIX. Like I said, I don't know the Asterisk system so let me know if this is any help.
Posted By: mj_wald Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/14/09 08:48 AM
NECIITech:
Could you e-mail me the asterisk conf files? I would love to see qsig working.

[email protected]
Posted By: NECIITech Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/14/09 03:07 PM
I don't have LCR programmed on the CIX
Posted By: drhoser Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/14/09 03:13 PM
Might want to configure a button on your phone for OLG 10 and see if you can dial out.

Also might want to try setting up a code, like 799, to access OLG 5 and trying to send that string from the * box

We currently have an * box linked to a CIX200 through a SIP Trunk.
Posted By: red_ron Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/14/09 03:15 PM
The LCR needs to be programmed on the Asterisk system to add the NodeID 10+OLG access code, it could be 9 or something else. Take a look in the Flexible Access Codes (CIX) for the OLG access code to the OLG you want to use.
Posted By: NECIITech Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/15/09 09:29 AM
Thanks a lot for the all help. Now it's working fine!
But ofcourse I want more...(joke)
How can I get the extensions from the * to send their own outgoing caller ID from Asterisk?
On the toshiba the extensions send out their own DID number for caller ID, Can I get the digits to be sent thru the Qsig span to the outgoing line group PRI on the toshiba side?
Posted By: red_ron Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/15/09 10:06 AM
Unless the Asterisk system can send its own, the CIX will not send it. The CIX QSIG is called StrataNet. Not all features are supported unless it is connected to another CIX, I'm afraid that this in one that is not supported.

What is going out, I suspect that maybe the NodeID and DN or just the DN or nothing at all?
Posted By: drhoser Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/15/09 11:03 AM
You might be able to get the number, but I doubt it. In the *.conf files you should be able to set name and number. Try setting the caller id for the extensions and the trunk and see if it makes a difference.

i.e. Set(CALLERID(all)=User 101 <2095551212>) in extensions.conf
or callerid="User 101" <2095551212> in sip/iax.conf
Posted By: drhoser Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/16/09 10:50 AM
Just saw something while programming a new customer site.

Check out Program 322 - CNIS Presentation and Special Number Assignments for OLG 5 and see if it lists your did's and if you can change FB03 to something different.
Posted By: red_ron Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/16/09 11:48 AM
Prg 321/322 is for the CNIS of the Node in which the PRI is located, ie; the local node.
These two programs do not support the Remote Network Node

Prg 322 is for when sending CNIS from Prg 321 should be different, such as a Department "sales" or to support Call by Call for maybe Tenant Service.

Look at Prg 200 (Station Basic) FB46 (Network Calling Number). On a CIX, this where the remote node CNIS would be entered (StrataNet Feature), not saying it is not supported in true QSIG, it may not be supported with StrataNet when the remote node is not an CIX. StrataNet is Proprietary to Toshiba and not all QSIG features work with the CIX.
Posted By: NECIITech Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/17/09 11:46 AM
Thank you everyone for all your help. It's final, works like a charm. I got a lot of help from you all, now I have to document all the steps to have a cheat sheet. You have to really be a wizz on Linux to work out all the little details on the *, I was lucky the support I got from the customer's IT tech was outstanding.
The Toshiba programming was quite simple.

Thanks again.
Posted By: p2ii Re: Qsig Toshiba and Asterisk. - 09/17/09 05:55 PM
Excellent work Julio. Shows what a determined tech and a great system can do together. Definitely get the cheat sheets together and share.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help