atcomsystems.ca/forum
I'm totally new to this whole phone thing. My phone will not go to voice mail. When someone calls me, it rings and rings and rings and rings and rings with no foreseeable end. Can you (in idiot-language) help?

Toshiba DKT 2010-SD

I seriously have no clue what any of this means.
Press "Int, 604" display says "fwd dest" then dial the first ext no. of the VM system.
Also after you enter the "fwd to" dest as the first VM station you have to press the "Redial" key to make the programming stick.
If you have a Dk 16,40,or 424...Int # 604, first Vm port, * , seconds of ring delay,(I use 15) # or redial.
Hi, I am new here too. Know a little but not enough.
I have one extention that I had previously set to forward (ext 177) as the person was not here and then I cancelled the forwarding and now when you transfer to that extention it just comes back to whomever sent the transfer (coming from outside line). When I call in but dial the ext myself it does go to voicemail but when someone transfers it does not go to voicemail.
I read above solution but what is Press "Int, 604" or more specifically Int......
I have. Toshiba Strata all phones are dkt2010-sd
That extn might have a System Call Forward SCF set for only internal calls to go to VM and not set for Ring Transfer.
Check out the SCG table to check if is programmed correctly
Toshiba Strata CIX ver 5.10A14: SCF Template shows using 1 and destination is 500, no other destination. I dont see any more specific extentions being used here at all.
I checked this in the Advanced Config/system/scf table
have a look in the SCF program and select template 1 followed by the type of forwarding eg Busy NA as it show all the different destinations for that template.
Hi thanks for instructions.
I went to Advanced config/system/ sys call forward and template 1 says destination 1 and I dont see where you could look at the template in more detail....it just says destination1 is 500 through the entire thing. There is an option that says "504 system call forward status" Active Telephone Status Busy no answer then a button for Deactivate forwarding. I cannot find where to look at the template more specifically.

Why would this change though even though all I did was disable the call forwarding at the phone?
Did you cancel system call forwarding or station call forwarding. If you canceled system call forwarding, then dial Intercom #620 to reactivate. If you canceled station call forwarding, then dial Intercom #6041, 500, 15, # for busy no answer station call forwarding.
Thanks BobRobert. You knew what I needed exactly. The station call forwarding was what I had deactivated.
Actually I recall walking someone over the phone at the time when I was on vacation and they wanted the forwarding to stop.....well it stopped but then when there was no answer it went back to where it originated from.
I really do love learning more about the phone system.
Thanks all for your help.
To piggyback on this topic a bit.

I have an extension with this same issue. If the extension in question is 777, the display only says 777 - NAMEDISPLAY, where I expect it to say something like CF-BN: 777-XXX. On other lines, XXX seems to be a few different numbers, but they are not all unique.

I have tried programming via the #604 "option", but I don't seem to be able to get the phone to display "Data Programmed". My attempted sequence is Spkr, #604, desired extension, Redial, Spkr. Other programming functions seem to work when ending with either the Redial or Spkr buttons, but #604 seems to be the exception.

Is there something obvious I am missing?

I feel fairly certain that extension does not go to VM because of the CF setup.
Try Intercom, #604,desired extension, Speed Dial, XX, Redial.
XX = number of seconds of ringing before forwarding.

Which phone system do you have as the exact sequence may vary.
Thank you for the quick response, but no luck.

The phones are DKT3010-SD and the system itself is model: CHSUB672A
OK, then try Intercom, #6041, desired extension, XX, #. Again XX = number of seconds before forwarding.
Actually...just did that after downloading the DTK3000 manual. It appears that the #604 is correct, based on the behavior of the phone. It just seems that after I enter my XXX, I'm missing whatever button(s) prompt to get to the time entry portion of the function...

...if that makes any sense. smile
Use the #604 method but don't use the fixed speed dial button. If you have the DK series phone system, the fixed speed dial button on the 3000 series phones does not work. Instead you will need either a 497 speed dial key programmed on a flex key (normally the top button on a 10 button set) or you can press the * key if no speed dial key is programmed on the set.
EUREKA!!!

As BobRobert posted, #604, XXX, Speed Dial flex key, XX, Redial

Thank you for the help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help