atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Winetech IES Vs. MAS - 01/24/12 10:06 AM
I have a customer with an older IES on a 670. They have some money in the budget to replace with a MAS mainly for call manager and emanager for the admin. I need a couple of great points to have them switch over. Any ideas?
Posted By: RRino Re: IES Vs. MAS - 01/24/12 10:44 AM
With a MAS you can also do ACD and any Feature Flex options such as Personal Call Handler. Also My Phone Manager comes installed on the MAS.
Posted By: Winetech Re: IES Vs. MAS - 01/24/12 12:10 PM
Very true. I always forget about My Phone Manager due to it not working on windows 7.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: IES Vs. MAS - 01/24/12 05:56 PM
The latest version of My Phone Manager v5.20A08 is compatible with Windows 7
Posted By: newtecky Re: IES Vs. MAS - 01/24/12 06:45 PM
If it is an IES 32, it will die. I was at a customer's location about 2 weeks ago when I commented on a replacement for his IES when it dies. That day came today. Sure wish I had backed it up when I was there.

I know a MAS still runs on a hard drive. You still need some kind of backup solution long term. You can get a MAS (not the MicroMAS) with RAID.

One thing I like about a MAS for me, is I put logmein on it and do all my changes to the system remotely, without dialing in.

Of course the things you can add to the MAS, with licesing of course (some things already mentioned);
Voicemail, ACD, FeatureFlex, Reporting, Net Phone (now called Communicator), EManager, My Phone manager, and VCS (If anyone actually uses it).
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: IES Vs. MAS - 01/25/12 01:52 AM
I have VCS running in my office but more for demonstration rather than a requirement.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help