atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tmidave CTX100 connection issue - 07/11/12 07:49 AM
Here is my configuration:
Laptop using windows 7 PRO (192.168.100.015)
using I.E. 9.0 - pop up blocking turned off
using NetworkemanagerV5.20b18
cross over cable
direct connect to ACtu3a (192.168.100.005) (verified via program 916)
I can ping the ACTUa and get a reply
In the profile for the system I use the default community name - being case sensitive.
I am not able to connect to the system. I get an error.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
You might upgrade to the latest eManager but I'm not sure that would do it.

You might try a dial up connection as a last ditch effort.
Posted By: tmidave Re: CTX100 connection issue - 07/11/12 10:17 AM
What is the most current version? Can you recommend a safe site to download it from? Also is there a way from the CTX100 side to display the community name and or change it?

Thank you
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CTX100 connection issue - 07/11/12 12:47 PM
Emanager is available for download on Toshiba's site for dealers only. The community name is essentially a password. And as a general rule, passwords (how to view, change, bypass, etc.) cannot be discussed here in an open forum. Please PM OP if discussing passwords. My suggestion would be to recycle the power on the CTX/CIX and try connecting again with Emanager.
Posted By: www.telcom1.net Re: CTX100 connection issue - 07/12/12 11:44 AM
Try turning off firewall on laptop
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: CTX100 connection issue - 07/13/12 03:04 PM
My guess is the community name has been changed from the default.

Do you know who programmed it previously? can they give you the community name?

Otherwise there is NO backdoor so a full system default will be required.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: CTX100 connection issue - 07/15/12 05:29 AM
tmidave - What is the exact error you get? That may help us diagnose where the communication is broken. Also, try running the NeM recovery tool, in case Windows updates are the issue.
I sent him specific instructions of how to set up an entry file to connect to a CIX using the correct default community name and such. If that does not work and he has an IP address that is one digit off of the address according to program 916 then I for sure am lost as to tweaking his computer, not a guru at all in that department.
Posted By: newtecky Re: CTX100 connection issue - 07/16/12 12:46 AM
In the past here is what I have seen to cause a failure to connect:
Wrong IP
Incorrectly IP or subnet settings on admin PC
Duplicate IP
(since recieving a ping reply while directly connected, I would assume the above don't apply)
Bad NIC (usually I have seen on older ACTU1A processors)
Admin locked up (typically when using a Stratagy ES voicemail, and corrected by a cycling power)
Network emanager pre-install requirements not installed (But they are now installed with the emanager installation)
Broken NEM install (usually results in html, ASP, or other IIS type errors.)
Wrong community name, or default was changed on the CIX.
I can understand his problem, I spent hours tonight trying to make emanager work on a macbook where I have both windoz ultimate starting by itself and also parallels running windoz ultimate and the best I can get is that it installs and shows the icon on the desktop but when I double click on it, there is a flash as if it will open and then nothing.

My old, heavy Dell 1100 with XP pro beats the hell out of this new expensive crap.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: CTX100 connection issue - 07/17/12 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Old blond hippity the best I can get is that it installs and shows the icon on the desktop but when I double click on it, there is a flash as if it will open and then nothing.
You need to either disable the pop up blocker or add https://localhost to the allowed sites to pop up.
Thanks Carl, it was the pop up blocker, now the window says https://localhost/eManger and the next box says "you are offline and the bottom box says The webpage is unavailable because you are offline"

I don't know where to go from here, I'm 67, a Mac person, barely that, and stumped, thanks, Bracha
I found the 'properties" for ivp4 and ivp6 but no matter how many times I clicked on them they would not open up. I hate bill gates. He makes crap.
Posted By: tmidave Re: CTX100 connection issue - 07/19/12 10:19 AM
Thanks all for your input. I have verified my settings with a couple of sources. I think it is either the community default setting was changed or another possibility is Windows 7. Has anyone had success with emanager running under windows 7?
Posted By: oi69 Re: CTX100 connection issue - 07/19/12 04:01 PM
dont know what happened there yes mine works on windows 7
Posted By: MacOSX Re: CTX100 connection issue - 07/20/12 08:46 AM
Yes, Network eManager has been working on Windows 7 for some time now.

Are you able to post the wording of, or take a screen shot of the original error?
Success at last, some car dealer needed help with his ringing and putting in a paging card and I brought my computer down and did programming for him, he turned off a firewall I didn't know about, put an alias for the internet properties on the desktop and lo and behold, it WORKS!!!!

He got his stuff done, I got my laptop working and I got $50 for a PIOU card, everyone was thrilled.

Well THANK YOU Sundance for this marriage made in heaven.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help