atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Leo-JBI Call pick up after hours??? - 05/30/13 01:05 AM
I am using Toshiba CTX system with the Stratagy ES & eManager software

I have a user that answers the phones before our Receptionist arrives for the day. During "off-hours" the mainline is placed on Night Ring. The receptionist console is downstairs and the user is answering the phone at her extension - away from the receptionist console.

The issue is that they can answer calls, but when they place the call on hold - they cannot go back and retrieve it? There is another extension near to her that has the ability we desire. I compared the settings but I cannot determine why it works on one extension and not the other?

How do I resolve this? What setting do I need to change? Does this person need to be assigned to a particular Pick-Up group?
Posted By: newtecky Re: Call pick up after hours??? - 05/30/13 03:36 AM
If I was going to guess, which is about all I can do without looking at the programming, I would say that in Night mode incoming calls are sent to a Phantom Extension. This phantom extension probably exists on the phones that ring during the night mode.

Are the 2 phones that ring at night have the same number of buttons? What may be happening is that the phone that can not retrieve the call on hold has the phantom extension on a button that does not exists on their physical phone. If the phantom was on the 2nd row of a 20 button phone, but the desk only has a 10 button phone, then they could answer the call but could not see the call on hold.

You could put the system into night mode and look at the working phone to see which button flashes don an incoming call.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help