Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#552518 05/29/13 09:05 PM
Leo-JBI Offline OP
OP Offline
I am using Toshiba CTX system with the Stratagy ES & eManager software

I have a user that answers the phones before our Receptionist arrives for the day. During "off-hours" the mainline is placed on Night Ring. The receptionist console is downstairs and the user is answering the phone at her extension - away from the receptionist console.

The issue is that they can answer calls, but when they place the call on hold - they cannot go back and retrieve it? There is another extension near to her that has the ability we desire. I compared the settings but I cannot determine why it works on one extension and not the other?

How do I resolve this? What setting do I need to change? Does this person need to be assigned to a particular Pick-Up group?

Leo
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If I was going to guess, which is about all I can do without looking at the programming, I would say that in Night mode incoming calls are sent to a Phantom Extension. This phantom extension probably exists on the phones that ring during the night mode.

Are the 2 phones that ring at night have the same number of buttons? What may be happening is that the phone that can not retrieve the call on hold has the phantom extension on a button that does not exists on their physical phone. If the phantom was on the 2nd row of a 20 button phone, but the desk only has a 10 button phone, then they could answer the call but could not see the call on hold.

You could put the system into night mode and look at the working phone to see which button flashes don an incoming call.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,786
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,101 Shoretel
188,986 CTX100 install
187,371 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
5 members (teleco, Toner, justbill, Touch Tone Tommy, SSPhone), 138 guests, and 185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024