atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BillFlippen DK 16 and the KSTU - 05/27/14 07:30 PM
Ran across a DK16 that has a KSTU1A running their VM. It appears to have a K4RCU3

The card has no dial tone and ringing is very very faint.

I replaced the card with a KSTU2A and had the same result.

I set slot 03 to 00 then back to 31 but that had no affect.

My question, can a KSTU2 run in a DK16, there is no mention of it in the manual.

Posted By: Wattheheck Re: DK 16 and the KSTU - 05/27/14 08:34 PM
The old KSTU1 had screw lugs on the card and the KSTU2 should be backwards compatible with the 16. Obviously you don't have an expansion cabinet to install an RSTU in. Did you check the reset fuses on the power supply?
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: DK 16 and the KSTU - 05/28/14 04:35 PM
Actually there was an expansion on it, had a Digital and a trunk car installed...

No, I didn't check any fuses. I thought that was an all or nothing sort of deal.
Posted By: KENB Re: DK 16 and the KSTU - 05/28/14 05:07 PM
If I had to guess would wonder if the replacement card was good.
I would really check the amphenol on the ksu,I've had them off a hair that was hardly noticeable to the eye.
Double check your programming .
Next since you have an expansion cabinet i might consider a RSTU
in expansion slot .
I assume you checked the dt at the block
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: DK 16 and the KSTU - 05/28/14 08:27 PM
Just got back from checking voltages.
All test points off the Power supply and test points on the KSTU are well within the ranges they should be.

Unfortunately don't have the port space for a RSTU.

Yes amphenol is well seated, I noticed it didn't have the retainer clip and since all ports were dead that was the first thing I checked.

As far as I am aware, there really isn't too much programming to get the card to work.

Assuming that Wattheheak is correct about the backwards compatibility, I would find it hard to believe, though not entirely impossible, that the replacement card I brought out was bad as well.

I went out on the job because thee was an issue with line 1, another vendor told them it could not be fixed. I don;t want to take that as a personal challenge but after spending my lunch hour checking voltages I think I have.

If I could get a confirmation on the backwards compatibility of the 2 then I would be thinking it is a backplane issue. otherwise I might try a $30 kstu1 off of that dreaded source.

Posted By: Wattheheck Re: DK 16 and the KSTU - 05/29/14 08:23 PM
Did you try and remove the K4RCU3 to see if it may be the source of trouble?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help