atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Eric B. 09 Trunk Name - 03/07/16 04:13 PM
What is the intended use of 09 Trunk Name? Is this just an alpha identifier for a trunk assignment? All of them are blank on our setup.

CIX670, AR2.21 MH116.00, eManager V5.20B12Cx86

Posted By: RRino Re: 09 Trunk Name - 03/07/16 05:58 PM
Mostly just for identification purposes however in some cases you can have the name displayed instead of the caller ID on an incoming call, for instance if you had to answer the phone differently depending on which line the call was coming in on.
Posted By: Eric B. Re: 09 Trunk Name - 03/07/16 06:11 PM
Thanks. I was hoping that was the case. I think I'm going to add some identifiers so I don't have to figure out which line each trunk is every 9 months when I have to make a minor change smile
Posted By: newtecky Re: 09 Trunk Name - 03/08/16 02:35 AM
Originally Posted by RRino
Mostly just for identification purposes however in some cases you can have the name displayed instead of the caller ID on an incoming call, for instance if you had to answer the phone differently depending on which line the call was coming in on.

This is true, except if you do not have caller ID then you see the trunk name, but if caller ID is enabled then you only see the caller ID, not the trunk name.

I already went around with Toshiba support on this one. You have the option with DID names, but there is not an option with analog trunks for some reason.

You will see the name when you select a trunk for outgoing. I see
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help