atcomsystems.ca/forum
I want to disable internal voice announce for a particular station ID (104). I repeated the steps in this thread:

https://sundance-communications.com...true/Turn_off_on-hook_annouce#Post561910

...but people calling 104 can still hit "2" to go directly to the user's intercom.

204 FB 05= tone first
204 FB 09=enable
204 FB 10=enable
103 FB20= not checked
103 FB 38= not checked

I made the changes to 103 on a COS that is only assigned to station 104.

Does anyone have any advice on this? I feel like I'm missing something.

Equipment Type: CIX670 : B--U
Equipment Version: AR2.21 MH116.00
I recall this from an earlier customer, and I just did a few quick checks to verify my memory...

The flyover on the COS 20 says: "Permission for others to change this phone from ringing to handsfree Answerback"

That's simply not true. It *should* say: "Permission for this station to use '2' to change another phone from ringing to handsfree answerback" - because THAT is what it actually does.

The only way to stop people from using '2' - is to kill everyone's ability... if even a single phone has that privilege, then ANY phone can be switched by that phone with a checkmark in COS 20.

Poor planning, IMO - it should work the way the flyover says...

P.S. The discussion you referenced was wanting to do what it actually does - restrict the extension that's unchecked from *using* '2' to change someone else's phone...
Ahhh.... OK, I see now. Oh well. I'll just disable his mic and call it a day. smile

Thanks for clarifying.
If memory serves me well, and it's becoming more of an issue lately you can assign that station as a phantom with an unknown icm number or possibly a single line port to a ringing SDN on the station.
I'd have to look at my notes at home to determine how we use to do this.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help