atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel vm button 280 - 07/06/16 12:52 AM
i have a customer who has a dk280 with an eleen voicemail. when they get a message in the mailbox they dont have a light to show it. i tried giving them a dss button of the pilot ext but that didnt work. also gave them a 499 button and a 481. none of these work. any ideas how to solve this. thanks dave
Posted By: MarcO Qc Re: vm button 280 - 07/06/16 03:23 PM
What is the model of the voicemail?
Posted By: davetel Re: vm button 280 - 07/07/16 05:52 AM
not sure but i will go find out. it is a 4 port but i will check for a model number
Posted By: davetel Re: vm button 280 - 07/12/16 12:21 AM
ok i went out there and its actually an its vocal but like an eleen. no model number on it. only the name vocal. its 4 ports and 10 hrs. does that help.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: vm button 280 - 07/12/16 07:49 AM
The problem is most likely with the voice mail. I'm not familiar with that particular voice mail system, but check the mailbox lamp settings.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: vm button 280 - 07/12/16 11:13 PM
It is most likely using DTMF integration so the mailbox should be doing a #63 to turn the MW light on and a #64 to turn the MW light off.

Also make sure the first port of the VM is programmed in the MW Centre port Program 13
Posted By: davetel Re: vm button 280 - 07/13/16 06:16 AM
i cant remember. i will go out and check it. thanks dave
Posted By: newtecky Re: vm button 280 - 07/13/16 03:21 PM
Just one thing that you could check while you are out there that I have seen 1 time. Some systems use the last port to turn on and off the MSG light. You can check the last port to make sure there is dial tone to the port. I remember at least one time that the modular plug needed to be replaced and the system could not turn on the message lights, but would still answer on the other ports.

If the voicemail ports were setup in a hunt group that would also mean that every 4th or 8th call would be RNA, but not if they set the hunting in series. Sine it would be analog you could also use your test set to hear the DTMF tones after you leave a message, if you can figure out which port the system uses to turn on the light.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: vm button 280 - 07/13/16 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by newtecky
Just one thing that you could check while you are out there that I have seen 1 time. Some systems use the last port to turn on and off the MSG light. You can check the last port to make sure there is dial tone to the port. I remember at least one time that the modular plug needed to be replaced and the system could not turn on the message lights, but would still answer on the other ports.

This used to happen with the Stratagy Flash (the brick) when it was sold as a 4 port and someone had only plugged ports 1 and 2 into the SLT ports
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help