atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Alefone Toshiba Network Maneger port forwarding.. - 11/10/16 10:04 AM
Driving me nuts...I was never able to do it..I have about 20 systems out there and no remote connections...161,162 forwarded on various routers with static or dns and still no such a luck....What am I doing wrong....
Thanks in advance:)
I open up TCP and UDP ports 160 and 161 to connect to my CIX.
Originally Posted by fasturbo
I open up TCP and UDP ports 160 and 161 to connect to my CIX.

I tried that also...no luck...
You can try to open TCP and UDP ports 20 and 21 in addition to 160-161
UDP ports 161 and 162 should allow you to connect from eManager to the CIX system. TCP ports 20 and 21 are for FTP. This would allow you to access the SD card, but you should be able to connect to the processor without those 2 FTP ports.

I have a few systems setup like with port forwarding. To add additional security I configured the router to only allow a connection from my office IP address.

I would check to make sure you have the gateway setup in the Toshiba CIX.
Fixed it.....Default gateway wasn't set property in CIX...Thanks David:)
Would definitely set up addition security on the ports. We had to shut down a couple of remote connections because of issues with scripts overloading the ports and freezing systems.
Originally Posted by WiringSolutions
Would definitely set up addition security on the ports. We had to shut down a couple of remote connections because of issues with scripts overloading the ports and freezing systems.
This exactly the same thing (system freezing and not responding) would happen in my lab and at one of my customer sites every time I open TCP port (20/21)....I just don't open them any more and solved all the problems. Software update I do at the customers site.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help