atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bushmills Old DK 424 - 02/06/18 08:01 PM
O gurus of Toshiba!

So, I'm reasonably confided using e-manager but get lost when trying to do button programming on older systems

I'm trying to add paging to a 20 button ekt phone. Now working from the manual, I can get into programming and identify the port for the DN I want.

Is there a way to selectively copy button data from one phone to another

I have one phone where buttons are programmed for paging and work just fine. (its a dkt if that makes a difference). I would like to have one of the EKT phones on the system also have the same buttons programmed for the same kind of paging.

I thought it would be as easy as using program 39 and looking at the button data for the one that works but instead after selecting the FB I wanted to query, all it displayed was *

Does that mean it is a one touch button? With the old DK systems can I do #9876 to program a one touch button? Will that work on an EKT phone?

Thanks in advance!

-B
Posted By: newtecky Re: Old DK 424 - 02/07/18 04:01 PM
I'm not a DK guru, but I've had to learn a few things about DK programming over the years.

I am not aware of any way to copy a program from one phone to a others, like you would in eManager, but you can select a range of phones when programming. For example if you were in Prg 39 and entered 000*020 you would be programming that button for all the phones with ports 0 through 20.

In prg 39, as with most programs, you should be able to see how the current button is programmed, unless maybe if you entered a range and the buttons were programmed differently for each phone. Usually un-programmed buttons will appear as a just an asterisk *.

I know that #9876 doesn't work on a DK, and they don't have one-touch keys. Instead usually the button would be programmed with a speed dial number and any codes would be programmed as a speed dial. I believe speed dial numbers start with an * then followed by a number.

Hopefully anyone more fluent in DK programming will correct me or append this info if I missed anything here.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Old DK 424 - 02/08/18 02:42 AM
There is no way to copy buttons in the DK programming. However you can program buttons on a range of ports. That won't help you in this instance. In prog 39, take another look at the button on the DKT that has a working page button. It would most likely either have a * plus a number after it (eg. *699), or it's programmed as code 489. If you see only a * then you're looking at the wrong port or wrong button.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help