atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hey,

Hoping someone can give me some help with this issue. I have rarely worked on the CIX 40 and have a system that has a GCDU2 expansion board I have plugged a new CO line intro. I don't have the eManager software (if someone could PM me a link to it, I would appreciate it), and I'm wondering how I could use the phone programming to put a button for this line on the phones and have it ring with the main group. I know how to get intro User Programming, but I've looked at the manuals and just seem to be missing something, because I don't see how to program the trunk and make a button for it. I was thinking maybe I had to use eManager to set up the trunk/button. Thanks in advance for any help.
Programming a line key via the handset is tricky but doable, when you configure the key you can also assign the ringing at the same time.
The problem comes if the other 3 lines are ringing to a multiple call group or phantom DN then you will need the eManager software to program the line 4 to also do the same.

If you don't have the eManager software I would get someone to do it for you remotely as it will be much quicker and cheaper in the long term than having a crack yourself and wasting lots of time on it.
Is the system connected to the customers LAN? if it is then get the port forwards configured and it will make it easier for someone to help you remotely.
No, it isn't connected to the LAN at this time; I'm don't think there are multiple call groups, however; If that is the case, how would I configure using the handset?
If you have a network connection to the CIX and Internet access to a pc on the network I can remote assist. And who knows you may end up with Network Emanager installed on your PC.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help