atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bpr-admin snmp community deleted ... - 02/28/19 09:04 PM
We have been unable to connect to eManager since 1 of the 2 SNMP communities inside emanager was deleted. We have no idea what the community name or password was. The error we get when trying to connect in eManager is:

Connection failed! PBX:ERROR_COULD_NOT_CONNECT_TO_CALL_AGENT

What are our options to get back into emanager. We have a few new employees and we have not been able to set them up since this happened.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: snmp community deleted ... - 02/28/19 09:10 PM
What browser are you using? Are popup blockers off?
Posted By: bpr-admin Re: snmp community deleted ... - 02/28/19 09:39 PM
Internet Explorer on the XP machine that is the phone system.

No popup blockers are on.

Posted By: SSPhone Re: snmp community deleted ... - 02/28/19 09:42 PM
I would delete it all and reinstall emenager
Posted By: bpr-admin Re: snmp community deleted ... - 02/28/19 09:56 PM
How does that help to know what the snmp community and password is inside the CIX?
Posted By: bpr-admin Re: snmp community deleted ... - 02/28/19 09:58 PM
How does that help to know what the snmp community and password is inside the CIX?

I shouldn't have said that it was deleted from eManager earlier. It was deleted from the phone system using eManager.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: snmp community deleted ... - 02/28/19 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by bpr-admin

I shouldn't have said that it was deleted from eManager earlier. It was deleted from the phone system using eManager.

If someone removed the default community name and added a different one and you don't know what it is the only way of getting back into the CTX/CIX system is to default it all back to factory and start again.

Do you have a backup of the system prior to the community name change?
Posted By: bpr-admin Re: snmp community deleted ... - 03/01/19 03:21 PM
I don't believe we have any backups on that system. please tell me there's other options. What about remoting into the CIX system itself and changing things? surely there's a way without wiping everything.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: snmp community deleted ... - 03/01/19 09:32 PM
PASSWORDS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE OPEN FORUM.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help